YYYYYY

Started by Robson, February 02, 2010, 09:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robson

Quote from: arcticwolf15 on June 24, 2010, 02:57:31 AM
I just finished school!
Now your education can begin!

I'll release the first official version when The Gauntlet is complete :viridian:

arcticwolf15

Quote from: Robson on June 28, 2010, 11:52:09 AM
Quote from: arcticwolf15 on June 24, 2010, 02:57:31 AM
I just finished school!
Now your education can begin!

I'll release the first official version when The Gauntlet is complete :viridian:

I don't get it. And you can release it any time. No need to wait for me.

Robson

I just thought it would be nice to include The Gauntlet with the first version. But you're right though, I should really release it. I'll add campaigns to the official versions as they get released.

I'm out Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night, so I'll package it all up on the weekend and release it :viridian:

arcticwolf15

I'll try to work on it as much as I can possibly go without playing Transformice for an hour...

If I do finish it, you can include the beta version with the official launch.

Edit: I'm working on it right now! I'm sending a beta version to Robson, Shash (since he's so active in this topic), Terry (if he wants it), and The Brass Please do know that I have author's notes at some points in the campaign, and that these shouldn't be included in the full version. The rest o' you will have to wait until teh weekend

Shasharala

Cool!  I look forward to testing it out.  :)

arcticwolf15

I knew you would, because I can see into your soul. :vermillion:

Edit: Don't let me forget, I found an RGB combination for Yale blue (for Yale, of course). I found it on wikipedia. To make Yale blue... (15, 77, 146). If you want another blue, just tell me the RGB so it can be changed for the beta.

Edit2: Unfortunately, the editor keeps crashing, and so making the levels is going to be a lot longer than I originally thought. I've completed A-K out of the letter levels, and the last level (5) as well.

Robson

Version 1.0 is released!! :viridian:

It includes two campaigns (Fading Away by me, Jailbreak by arcticwolf15), the Super Cellulatron, and the campaign editor. It also includes the full code for the game and editor.

Quote from: arcticwolf15 on June 30, 2010, 07:16:22 PM
Unfortunately, the editor keeps crashing
What happens right before it crashes? Does it do it on a certain room? Let me know the details and I'll fix the bug.

arcticwolf15

It happens randomly. Sometimes it won't let me click the mouse, but in the end, it just makes an error pop up saying "Subscript out of range" and closing. Hooray for launch though!

Shasharala

arcticwolf15

Oh my God, I am so sorry. I haven't worked on the campaign in forever! First, I didn't want to be annoyed by the editor breaking, then, I just kept forgetting! Please forgive me! I promise to work on it as much as possible today!

Shasharala

Ah geez.... I havn't even started my campaign.  :o
I wonder what I'll do for it...

Robson

Quote from: arcticwolf15 on July 18, 2010, 10:23:55 PM
Oh my God, I am so sorry. I haven't worked on the campaign in forever! First, I didn't want to be annoyed by the editor breaking, then, I just kept forgetting! Please forgive me! I promise to work on it as much as possible today!
No need to be sorry :viridian: Take as long as you want.

I had a general mess around trying to break the editor, but couldn't find a way :victoria: Would you mind sending me your level files, so I can test it with those?

Shasharala

The editor became busted articwolf15?  How on earth did that happen?

arcticwolf15

The Gauntlet update!

And like magic it works again! Hooray!

I've worked on it today (still working) and here's what I have so far!

(Note: This is the layout for the campaign. Completed levels are bolded, partially completed (Ex: the point where you fall in from L into U, but just that section) are underlined, and incomplete levels are in regular font.)

#PAR=5000

abc5ghinop
40def0jm0q
300000kl0r
21zyxwvuts

Hopefully the beta will be up soon. I have been (really, really, REALLY) bored with summer, so I'm trying to work on it as much as possible. MUST... RESIST... TRANSFORMICE!

Oh, almost forgot, sneak peek of two levels

Off topic: Is there any possibility for cutscenes? I'd really like to tell the story.

Edit: To beta testers, along with the beta containing all levels, you will also receive a video of my first play. (After finding bugs)

Edit 2: Just finished two more levels, and come across a glitch in the editor! When you draw blocks (let's say a wall) then erase (not undo) and try to fill an entire area (including where the wall was), this glitch occurs. If you click inside where the wall is, it will only fill the wall, and not the outside (and vice versa).

Robson

Very cool :viridian: Looking forward to this.

Also glad to see the level editor is working. If it happens again you're welcome to send me the room files that are causing it, so I can figure out what's going on.

Quote from: arcticwolf15 on July 22, 2010, 08:30:33 PM
Off topic: Is there any possibility for cutscenes? I'd really like to tell the story.
Cutscenes are written in :viridian: I guess it's a secret feature, since I've never used it and I only mentioned it once. Cutscenes don't occur within the levels though, they are in separate windows. You can have as many cutscenes in a campaign as you like. They are triggered by the player hitting a certain tile (or a tile within a group of tiles) and then play automatically.

Let me know if you'd like to make some cutscenes and I'll ramble on about how to make them.

Quote from: arcticwolf15 on July 22, 2010, 08:30:33 PM
Edit 2: Just finished two more levels, and come across a glitch in the editor! When you draw blocks (let's say a wall) then erase (not undo) and try to fill an entire area (including where the wall was), this glitch occurs. If you click inside where the wall is, it will only fill the wall, and not the outside (and vice versa).
Whoops! Thanks for letting me know. I'll get that fixed.