Author Topic: trinket beyond "I'm Sorry"  (Read 5254 times)

radix

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Radix
trinket beyond "I'm Sorry"
« on: February 08, 2010, 05:38:18 am »
Argh, this one is frustrating me. I've already done some extremely hard trinkets, most notably Doing Things The Hard Way, but I can't make it through that bouncewire/spike chokepoint on the "I'm Sorry" screen.

Any tips on getting timing right?

The Brass

• Professor
    • View Profile
Re: trinket beyond "I'm Sorry"
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 05:42:43 am »
There's a bug that makes it impossible to get through the gap of you start from that checkpoint. You need to use the checkpoint in Please Forgive Me.

radix

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Radix
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 05:46:19 am »
HOLY CRAP!

I saw your post about 60 seconds ago and just got past the jump about 30 seconds ago. I could immediately see how much further I was bouncing "into" the bouncewires. Man, thanks!

Bloodshadow

• Crewmate
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 06:23:30 am »
For some strange reasons, I was able to get this on the FIRST TRY. FOR REAL.  :vermillion: :vermillion: :vermillion: :vermillion: :vermillion: :vermillion:

It was only then I realized how hard this really was, since I couldn't do it the next time...

nathanel

• Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 09:29:19 am »
There's a bug that makes it impossible to get through the gap of you start from that checkpoint. You need to use the checkpoint in Please Forgive Me.

Actually I believe that you can start from I'm Sorry checkpoint, but you need to flip first so that you bounce on the bottom bouncy-line first. So you need to jump down instead of falling up. :) You must love a game where you can to such things. :)

SoulEye

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • SoulEye Digital Music (Get the VVVVVV Soundtrack here!)
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 08:51:54 pm »
I do believe I covered this one... (http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=27.0)... Thanks for bringing back infuriating memories!!  :violet:  :viridian: