Author Topic: Light and Dark - My first creation  (Read 2155 times)

megaminerzero

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
Light and Dark - My first creation
« on: January 19, 2014, 07:38:10 am »
This is the first level I've ever made with VVVVVV's level editor. I've been working on it for the past week or too. I do hope you appreciate your effort.

Link here: https://www.mediafire.com/?sbhgj4x119neec3

WARNING: I did go a bit overboard with the difficulty towards the end. If you're up for a challenge, good for you! If not, I don't blame you. I could barely beat the end of the level myself.

Enjoy! :viridian:

Viridan

Re: Light and Dark - My first creation
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 02:28:24 pm »
It's pretty good, but nobody really likes a forced veni vidi vici.

TheJonyMyster

• Doctor
  • Braid + VVVVVV = *fwoosh*
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 04:05:35 am »
i like a forced vvv

• Professor
  • is a poor level maker that deserves all notoriety
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 11:53:34 am »
It's very, very difficult. I hate Skipper and the room before with a passion. The difficulty of this level seems to rely on the miniscule difference caused by horizontal inertia of Viridian. And half of the rooms calls for pixel perfect movement. The music changes are fairly distracting at times, but I appreciate your scripting effort. I didn't really try the forced VVV, which is a boring design. I like your effort in making every rooms as difficult as possible, although definitely high difficulty isn't for everyone.

Mysterio

• Crewmate
  • Privacy is fantasy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 11:01:17 pm »
It was no doubt hard, but I found myself dying over and over for a pixel-of-a-difference as far as landing goes. It was a forced VVV. A hard level is one thing, but a level that only a computer could beat without dying, is another. The music changed at the (seemingly) wrong times as well. 7/10 for effort, 3/10 for fun-ness.
~Mysterio  8)