-+-+Looking for some feedback on my mostly linear level-+-+

Started by WF, February 07, 2014, 01:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WF

Greetings! I am looking for some feedback on my new (work in progress) level. It is a mostly linear level, inspired by 8-bit platforming games. It shouldn't be too challenging. However,  if you are trying to get all of the trinkets, the secret areas should be difficult. I like how the single pixel walls look, so there are a few of those.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Chris

Demon1Ce

i have been play you map. it don't hard and don't easy for me. and i win.
but, i will be good, if you have room name.
rate : 3/5.(in my thing)

Question : i got only 3 trinket, and i don't found way to get last trinket.(but i see it*)
is it bug because no way to get it? or i silly?
*it's in you 3rd screenshot.

WF

Hey thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

There are 5 trinkets total. Two can be found in warp zones/secret areas. In my opinion, the warp zone trinkets are the hardest to get.

As for the trinket in the screenshot above, you can definitely get it! Good luck.

Thanks again,
Chris

WF

Just had a quick update to the level.  The download is in the first post. 

Viridan

The tilesets basically change without foreshadowing/any sign of transferring, there are single tiles everywhere, there are some impossible parts (you can't just travel through a 3-block wide horizontal tunnel when you're falling), and as much as I want to say the lack of background is a unique style, I just can't. >:(

Dav999

Quote from: Viridan on February 16, 2014, 01:40:22 AM
The tilesets basically change without foreshadowing/any sign of transferring, there are single tiles everywhere, there are some impossible parts (you can't just travel through a 3-block wide horizontal tunnel when you're falling), and as much as I want to say the lack of background is a unique style, I just can't. >:(

Come on, this is his first level. He didn't make it to get an angry review...

WF

Actually, I enjoyed that feedback. I'm just glad people have played the level. I can promise you all areas have been tested and 100% completion is possible.   :viridian: