SMB X VVVVVV: A Retro Crossover V1.1

Started by xtravisage, June 24, 2014, 05:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtravisage

Hello all, this is my first custom level.  It started out with me trying to put level 1-1 of Super Mario Bros. into the creator for fun.  But it kinda just morphed out of control from there.  It's got two Mario-like levels, two VVVVVV-like levels, and a final level.  I also started it way before I knew you could expand the grid, so it's only 5x5, but I crammed as much as I possibly could into that grid.  In any case, it turned out pretty good, quite difficult (at least, by my standards) and with a bit of humor here and there.  I won't spoil the plot or anything (the most gripping plot in all of existence! ::)), but you do rescue  :verdigris: :violet: :vitellary: :victoria: :vermillion: these guys.  Anyway, play it, have fun, and tell me what you think! :-*

EDIT: I have replayed the level and fixed a few things.  I also got rid of a gravity line near the end that unintentionally did make the game impossible.  Very few changes to level design, but one typo fixed and a warning added at the point of no return to avoid an entirely possible unwinnable situation I didn't foresee.  Sorry if anyone was affected by that  :'(.

TmanDaCool1

There are some of terrain errors. The game is impossible. Please fix.

xtravisage

Quote from: TmanDaCool1 on June 25, 2014, 10:57:35 PM
There are some of terrain errors. The game is impossible. Please fix.

Where?  I tested it several times and I didn't see anything.  What do you mean by "terrain errors"?

TmanDaCool1

At some points, spikes completely block your progress. You can't pass them. Please fix  :viridian:

xtravisage

Quote from: TmanDaCool1 on June 26, 2014, 01:57:39 AM
At some points, spikes completely block your progress. You can't pass them. Please fix  :viridian:
There shouldn't be anywhere you can't get past.  Which screen(s) are you talking about?

TmanDaCool1

The Golden Knot, Bowser's Spiky Castle, Deadly Body Hair...

xtravisage

Quote from: TmanDaCool1 on June 28, 2014, 08:07:16 PM
The Golden Knot, Bowser's Spiky Castle, Deadly Body Hair...
Oh no, trust me, those are very possible.  I tested them out myself.  They're difficult, but quite possible.  Assuming the download didn't corrupt or something.

Anyway, please, if anyone else has played it, tell me your thoughts!

TmanDaCool1

What I mean is, you're too big to fit through.

xtravisage

Quote from: TmanDaCool1 on July 02, 2014, 05:57:45 PM
No, you're not.  Like I said, I've played through these screens.  They're not impossible.

FIQ

I've played through the level, including the first version which you claimed was impossible, and beat it just fine. Just saying :P

xtravisage

Quote from: FIQ on July 03, 2014, 05:24:29 PM
I've played through the level, including the first version which you claimed was impossible, and beat it just fine. Just saying :P
Huh.  Good to know.  I guess you can pass that gravity line.

sivart0

moth 🦋

Quote from: TmanDaCool1 on July 02, 2014, 05:57:45 PM

You are playing on invincibility!
if play with it off, you can fit through.
this happens whenever I use invincibility as well.