VVVVVV on different file types and different platforms?

Started by AFRO LJ, February 10, 2010, 11:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFRO LJ

Mainly a question for Terry but feel free to agree and comment:

Have you thought of putting this game on a console or device? I would love to play this on my iPhone or to download it from something like XBL Arcade! Any chance of this in the near future?  :viridian:

Also, any chance of this game being on a flash file type (.swf)?

Cheers,

Terry

I'm making an online version - that should be up very soon, actually, it's more or less ready!

iPhone is unlikely; I don't think it's a good fit for VVVVVV. Other consoles would require finding a publisher at this point with the way things have gone. And XBLIG isn't available in Ireland, so I'm not considering that.

AFRO LJ

Terry

I mean a version you can play online!

I'm going to do a proper post about this tomorrow... but whatever, here it is! Kongregate are hosting the full game now, and you can buy it using their site's currency, kreds! It's the same place as the demo link, only now there's a new menu option! :viridian:

It's a total separate thing from my fastspring site, so unfortunately people have to choose one or the other - the downloadable versions directly from me for windows and mac, or the online version on Kongregate (which doesn't have fullscreen and uses compressed music). That said, I'm sure some people would much prefer to play it online - I'm really happy that I've finally got a way for people to do that!

AFRO LJ

Nice! Any other suprises or versions in the near future then? :)

Once again, thanks Terry  :viridian:

angelday

Terry, you should totally do a WiiWare version. This game just screams for it. Contact Tyrone over at Nicalis: http://nicalis.com/

dinx2582

Quote from: angelday on February 11, 2010, 11:58:31 PM
Terry, you should totally do a WiiWare version. This game just screams for it. Contact Tyrone over at Nicalis: http://nicalis.com/

I second this very, very much, although I'm ignorant to the logistics of producing a WiiWare title.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it's expensive.  At the very least it would be great if this came out in the form of homebrew, although I have no idea of the current state of flash support/compatibility on the Wii platform.  Sure would be awesome, though, and might be a bit more fiscally practical than getting set up with a licensed WiiWare development environment/distribution situation.