Tricky Trinkets

Started by Epicperson456, November 15, 2014, 08:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am making a level called "tricky trinkets". I am about done. But there is a ton of unused space. Should i fill it?

Yes
1 (33.3%)
No
0 (0%)
Some, but not all of it.
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 17, 2014, 08:56:52 PM

Epicperson456

This is my first level(this is going to be a hard level! >:( :vermillion: :victoria: :violet:). I am really looking for criticism and helpful comments. Screenshots to come later. :viridian: Finished  :viridian: . working on no death mode for it now!

allison

If you feel you level is complete, adding a bunch of filler will only bog it down.

Epicperson456

i'm not petrikov

Quote from: Epicperson456 on November 16, 2014, 10:27:41 PMreset vote count cause it was equal
you can reset votes on smf

what

SJMistery

do what you consider right, a map does not need to be huge, as long as it is entertainin

(insert trinket image here)       goddamn trinket, get here!! :viridian: :victoria: :vermillion: :vitellary: :verdigris: :violet:

Epicperson456

Quote from: SJMistery on November 20, 2014, 11:52:13 AM
do what you consider right, a map does not need to be huge, as long as it is entertainin

(insert trinket image here)       *%®€£{% trinket, get here!! :viridian: :victoria: :vermillion: :vitellary: :verdigris: :violet:

Thank you for telling me.

Epicperson456

SJMistery

if i did not provide feedback about any glitch after testing it (which i did not), you can almost assure it has none

Epicperson456

i'm not petrikov

Quote from: Epicperson456 on December 07, 2014, 03:16:37 PMUm,can I haz feedback? :'( :victoria:
i'm still playing it through
it's a huge level

SJMistery

doing the playtrough, this first time WO invincibility (this on a second round to prey on some glitches i know): goddamn outrage room! and thick fitting is even worse!
also, NEVER CHANGE THE MUSIC OF A GRAVITRON. this is a crime
EDIT: also, "hard as potatoes" has a nasty misalignement which sends you BACKWARDS to the checkpoint of the previous room. and it's at the end of the room to rub salt into the injury.

also, choose your path has a warp wall who drives you into outer space, and the "borobop" or something similar, the room with the inersion plane maze needs a wider exit, it's impossible this way

Epicperson456

Quote from: SJMistery on December 09, 2014, 02:03:26 PM
doing the playtrough, this first time WO invincibility (this on a second round to prey on some glitches i know): goddamn outrage room! and thick fitting is even worse!
also, NEVER CHANGE THE MUSIC OF A GRAVITRON. this is a crime
EDIT: also, "hard as potatoes" has a nasty misalignement which sends you BACKWARDS to the checkpoint of the previous room. and it's at the end of the room to rub salt into the injury.

also, choose your path has a warp wall who drives you into outer spaceoops, forgot to remove that when I was polishing the level up, and the "borobop" or something similar, the room with the inersion plane maze needs a wider exit, it's impossible this waywell I got through it once, but that was earlier, so I will fix that. Thank you for the feedback!

SJMistery

Later on: on "hard as topatoes" (nice pun also), the checkpoint in the second floor is in his intended place? because it is useless, and forcing players to replay the first floor of enemies if they fail in the second is cruel (also, if you reach the second floor then you die, the cutscene is triggered again due to using a warp toke counting as leaving the room, who makes all script of the room to restart itself, even if the "do both floors in one run" it is intended, you should at least put an "ifflag"-like script, to make the cutscene appear only once)

Epicperson456

crud. I neeeeeed to fix things. not intended. I made a huge change to that room, and forgot to remove that. will do tomorrow, when I can get on the computer.
also, you mean the tomatoe/potatoe/topatoe pun?

allison

Quote from: Epicperson456 on December 14, 2014, 11:08:55 PM
crud. I neeeeeed to fix things. not intended. I made a huge change to that room, and forgot to remove that. will do tomorrow, when I can get on the computer.
also, you mean the tomatoe/potatoe/topatoe pun?
Remember kids: Playtest before you post.