My New Map From VVVVVV

Started by Enderman3092, January 13, 2015, 11:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enderman3092

Hello, today I bring you information from my new map vvvvvv.My Map is Called VXVXVX.Very rare
PD:It is a little short.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2fyjtp2bzjsyprh/VXVXVX.rar

TmanDaCool1

OK

I'll play it and give you my opinion, criticism, etc.

TmanDaCool1

OK, so here's my review. I'll try to not be harsh, since it's your first map that I've heard of.

I have some complaints about the scripts.

There's no space after the comma, and "Where I am" sounds a little awkward here.

Why Does Every Word Start With A Capital Letter? And "This Zone are Scare Me" should be "this zone scares me".

But enough about that, let's get to the level itself.

Spikes on the edge of the screen? This causes unexpected death, please put spikes on the screen before it.

:victoria:
I hate this kind of stuff. Your custom script interferes with an internal script already in the game. When this happens, the game glitches out:

I'm stuck. Can you move the script, or make it so that you can't flip onto the crewmate?

Now, this level doesn't have very many single tiled walls at all! Good boy!  :viridian:

The only things I really have to complain about are these:

Now, don't panic! If you press F10 while in the room, you'll enable direct mode, where you can replace the offending tile with something that looks nicer.

Finally, level design is a bit questionable. So here's my rating.

Difficulty: 5/10 So-so. The only things I found hard were the DTTHW to get to  :vitellary: and the final zone.
Level Design: 5/10 It's a bit questionable and straightforward. But that means it's a great choice for beginners. And that's a good thing!'
Story: 0/10 Viridian just suddenly gets teleported to this dimension? Can I have an explanation why?
Execution: 7/10 I feel like this is a solid level, but there's definitely room for improvement.

OVERALL: 12/40. Honestly, this isn't bad for your first level. Mine wasn't very good, either.

moth 🦋

allison

Quote from: ShinyWolf07 on January 17, 2015, 12:37:26 AM
HOW THE **** DID YOU ***ING *** **** DO THAT????
He's using custom textures, like I am with 000000 (though Tman is using a personal pack he made, Enderman didn't make one for this level).

moth 🦋

I know. How do you change the TEXTBOXES??

allison

Quote from: ShinyWolf07 on January 18, 2015, 05:46:18 PM
I know. How do you change the TEXTBOXES??
I think the frame sprites are actually in the tilesheets, unusually (you'd think they'd be in sprites).

shape worrior t

These, to be exact.
On Topic:
It's possible to get to the final level early. Please make sure there's no way to do that.