Lets find all the ways of crashing/destroy the save of VVVVVV

Started by Renato Lopes, February 05, 2015, 01:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renato Lopes

What if we make a list of all the things that could crash vvvvvv or even destroy your save?

let me start:
putting a script with the following texts:
telesave()
and
rollcredits()
will destroy your save

but the worst one that destroy your save and crash your game is:
reply(

seriously, they said it can destroy your game, but that easily? LOL.

prrg

About telesave() and etc. There is a internal scripting post that determines it at save breaking. And... reply(?
Rly?
Mwahahahahah >:)

Jimmy

oh, I have one! If you type reply(put really big number here) or say(put really big number here) it may crash your game. I found this out when trying to make an intentionally bad level  :P

SJMistery

"say (color,X)" will also crash the game if you put the color after the lines

allison

Using internal commands to place a big round teleporter in a level and touching said teleporter will break your save.

Bruce Michez

Although I believe it has now been fixed, there is/was the infamous "flag 67" glitch.  I've read that flag 80 causes problems, too.

Jimmy

Quote from: Weird Shadow Machine on February 09, 2015, 04:09:38 PM
Although I believe it has now been fixed, there is/was the infamous "flag 67" glitch.  I've read that flag 80 causes problems, too.
Wait... What do flags do?  ??? sorry I'm a noob XD

Dav999

Quote from: Jimmy on February 10, 2015, 12:53:31 AM
Wait... What do flags do?  ??? sorry I'm a noob XD
There's flags 0-99, you can turn them on or off with flag(x,on) and flag(x,off), and the command ifflag(x,scriptname) will go to scriptname when flag x is on, else continue in the current script.

allison

Although I believe it has now been fixed, there is/was the infamous "flag 67" glitch.
The flag 67 problem was fixed in 2.2.

Bruce Michez

Quote from: crazya02 on February 10, 2015, 02:29:38 PM
The flag 67 problem was fixed in 2.2.
I thought so.  In earlier versions, whenever flag 67 was on, "SHIP" would appear in the pause menu in place of "CREW", giving players the option to warp to the ship.  If a hapless player did so in a custom level, their save data would be gone instantly.

Bruce Michez

Since this thread isn't just about destroyed save files, but about the game crashing as well, I have some more:

• Checkpoints on crumbling platforms.  If the player respawns on one of these too many times, the game crashes.
  • Too many entities on a single screen.  This is unlikely to happen unless you use too many single quicksand blocks (tile #10 in direct mode), which are converted to entities when the room is loaded.

Bruce Michez

Also, rescuing a crewmate while a script is running will crash the game rather spectacularly.

@Kreator