My first level: A Simple Dimension v0.5 (Demo)

Started by @Kreator, March 29, 2015, 02:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@Kreator

Well, I said I'd get around to level-creating someday, so here's what I've got so far. I decided to start very simple for my first level. No internal scripting or anything, just a simple, short challenge.

Please play it and offer me your suggestions, I'm open to them. I'd even appreciate it if you actually took the level into your own level editors and added stuff that you'd like to see in it. The level's not done, but I decided to release it early as a demo while I'm still developing it. Enjoy!

Changelog:

v0.5 (Demo): (June 2)
Finished naming and building some of the rooms, added some incredibly long scripts, and actually gave the level a purpose

v0.4 (Demo): (May 17)
Fixed all the scripts and filled all the rooms

v0.3 (Demo): (May 14)
Defined a lot of what will be in the final version, including the map size, number of trinkets, and an amazingly difficult bit of internal scripting

v0.2 (Demo): (May 1)
Update including more of my work on the level

v0.1 (Demo): (March 28)
Initial release of what I'd started making

Riki the crewmate

ZeNewDragon

Going for one of the trinkets makes it impossible to backtrack unless you avoid checkpoints and suicide, or turn on invincibility.

The last challenge before the crewmate is practically impossible to pull off.

@Kreator

I think I completed it once, and it's definitely not final at all.

And I think I know about the trinket thing, which one was it again?

ZeNewDragon

It's the one next to the model of the ship. I don't remember the name.

@Kreator

Okay. I guess it wouldn't be too much of a loss to remove the spikes in "Contemplating A Leap."

@Kreator

And the crewmate wasn't supposed to be where it is. I'll replace it with a pile of trinkets as a reward for completing the rage-inducing challenge in "Choose Very Wisely." I swear, it's not impossible. I just now tested that part and was able to get past the enemies and rescue the crewmate after a while.

prrg

Just got back from PD2 Spring Break to see this!
Will play!

@Kreator

SJMistery

it will be fixed soon? i can do it myself (i have a long list of fixed levels actually, too long in fact, people could at least test their own levels...) but i generally dislike having to fix a level if his current owner is still active on the forum.

@Kreator

Yeah, there's only been one version of this out so far, hasn't there? Gosh, I'm sorry, I believe I have fixed it. Anyway, I'm working on the level, so you should probably see something soon.

@Kreator

UPDATE: I've been procrastinating, so I'll set a definite release date for this thing to make myself work on it. I don't like promising stuff to people, but just wait till May 1. That's when the next version will be released.

@Kreator

UPDATE II THE RE-UPDATING: Two more days guyz and den you may see all da hard work I put into teh level

No seriously! No lie! I actually got a lot done on the level since that last post! I added a lot of cool new rooms and stuff... you will not be disappointed (unless I dont actually end up updating on may 1)

@Kreator