Flippin' Hard

Started by The Snikle Force, April 23, 2015, 09:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Snikle Force

My first ever level, Flippin' hard, is a 6x6, tightly-wound dimension. Full of surprise spikes, strange enemies, and hard trinkets! But be careful, once you're in a trinket room, only the trinket can get you out! All done in the brightest blood red, the difficulty practically radiates from the screen.  3495 spikes in total! Enjoy, rate, review, and discuss!!

PS... my next, even bigger level is already in progress! Stay tuned for updates!

The Snikle Force

SJMistery

better for you that "surprise spikes" does not mean spikes on the edge on the screen when on the anterior screen the same edge has no spikes. it's the biggest "NEVER DO THAT" for any well built level, as it causes a myriad of glitches

EDIT: i should have expected it: single tiled walls everywere, a level who is not hard by any means, excluding the absurd warp tokens put in a way you land on spikes if you don't stop

but please: floating spikes, and always the same color, enemies and tileset, it's boring... damnit, this needs DRASTIC improvements.

besides, the second part of the room "Hidden Ouchies" is incredibly easy to get stuck: if you die when the first enemy is on the bottom of the screen, the dissapearing platform blocks the enemy on the passageway and there is no way to proceed. not that it matters, as in the next room, "Combination lock", the passageway is too low for viridian to enter well, remove the first dissapearing platform to get rid of that problem. and again, on the first trinket of the third zone, the path is too narrow for viridian to get through. please, test your levels before posting them...

The Snikle Force

If you tell me where the floating spikes are, I will fix them.  As for the "single-tiled walls" I started this building this level before I knew you perfectionists hated them. Trust me, the second half of the level has WAY less. I fixed the "combination lock" issue and "hidden ouchies" issue.  I posted an updated version above. I hope you will like the rest of the level more than the beginning.

SJMistery

they are mostly inside the dissapearing platforms, i give you the solution: direct mode gives you some tilesets that look good even on single tiled walls, and you can put spikes redirectioned, forming these structures: <>
this way it does not look so weird, but it's not neccessary. also, just realized i got a little too harsh, sorry, last time i post a feedback after playing "golden spiral". stupid trinket!!!