What not to put in your VVVVVV Level

Started by VeeC7, August 22, 2015, 09:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allison

Quote from: LafondaSaysMeow on July 24, 2016, 02:49:47 PM
But, yet again, it is likely that no one has/will do this. We have just got to the point where it is really hard not to repeat anything.
Do not speak unless it improves the silence.

SomeRandomCreator

Has anyone made a level based on this thread? I think I'll start if no one has. Plus, I was about to say I can use most of these for my "No Limits" side game, but I think that'll be too annoying and cruel.

LafondaSaysMeow

there are loads of intentionally bad levels out there
like "aeventiurs of shp" (or whatever it's called)

moth 🦋

Quote from: SomeRandomCreator on July 24, 2016, 06:14:10 PM
Has anyone made a level based on this thread? I think I'll start if no one has. Plus, I was about to say I can use most of these for my "No Limits" side game, but I think that'll be too annoying and cruel.
yes I have
but I'm still working on it and trying to add in refs to all the new rules

Bruce Michez

139. Warp-token mazes.  I get more and more sick of these every time I encounter one.  I find it really annoying keeping track of which warp tokens I haven't tried yet.

LafondaSaysMeow

Well, if that were something, then this should totally be one.

140. Warp line "mazes". I'm talking about those huge rooms with like 50 exits and only one doesn't have a warp line on it. These things are really annoying because you have to check every single one of them to make sure you didn't miss any trinkets there. It's even more annoying when there are more than one in a row.

SomeRandomCreator

Quote from: Weird Shadow Machine on August 06, 2016, 04:38:33 PM
139. Warp-token mazes.  I get more and more sick of these every time I encounter one.  I find it really annoying keeping track of which warp tokens I haven't tried yet.

Well, good thing I put that Skip Along Warp then.

Duckman50001

141: The same tile set for the whole level
142: The same colour for the whole level
143:Both the same tile set and colur for the whole level
144:Room names like this: !$%%(%$%%#%@#$%^$$
145:No Direct-Mode

LafondaSaysMeow

146: Too Much Direct Mode. If you do it JUST right, you can have some really pretty rooms with too much direct mode, but most of the time the rooms become quite a mess when you overuse it.

147: Pixel Perfect Flips. These can be annoying because of the amount of times you keep dying in the exact spot. Nothing else to say.

Quattro

148 / Single-tile floor and walls It's often covered with the roomname, and if all the walls of a room are just a single-tile border is pretty disturbing (imo)
149 / Roomtext Well, I'm no more angry with that Space Station thing with Shiny, but I still hate roomtext. (Except for som1sezhi's 100 Challenges and his comments, nicely put on the top of the screen where you don't actually have to see.)
150 / VVV tunnel length Okay, now someone will surely kill me with a nuclear bomb, but I like veni-vidi-vici tunnels. When they're short. I mean, 3 rooms are enough (Notch's VVVV 4K), maybe 4. It's pretty annoying and difficult to pass across 10 damn rooms of spiky tunnels. Actually, I'll put a 150.b point, that's more general: Trinket challenges length. Including my inVerse Reckless Challenge.

Duckman50001

yey  :viridian: 150!

151 - scrible rooms (rooms with random junk everywhere)
152 - too much use of veni vidi vici in level
153 - confusing "mazes" with multiple rooms

LafondaSaysMeow

Quote from: Duckman50001 on August 09, 2016, 10:34:01 AM

all been used before (probably)

Duckman50001

Quote from: LafondaSaysMeow on August 09, 2016, 01:51:43 PM
Quote from: Duckman50001 on August 09, 2016, 10:34:01 AM

all been used before (probably)

oh

Funny Topical Meme

154. Having to quit. Because of flags, not commands.

FIQ

Having challenges that can be a pain to successfully do because of Viridian's inconsistent movement. Things like:
* spike tunnels with spikes spaced apart every 3 tiles
* enemy setups that rely on you moving perfectly underneath/similar with light taps on movement buttons
* things that in general rely on very perfect movement timing that requires you to stop moving in some parts of it