What not to put in your VVVVVV Level

Started by VeeC7, August 22, 2015, 09:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeeC7

GO BACK ON TOPIC!
46 - making an impossible room with no warp line on the direction you just went there

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

47. The 'custom length' warp lines you can make by editing a text file.
48. Box checkpoints.
49. Weird entity/ies
50. Bad music at wrong time. (Ex: Popular Potpourri in a Polar Dimension)

Bruce Michez

Quote from: Vultarix on December 06, 2015, 05:45:52 PM
48. Box checkpoints.
I actually disagree with this one.  I know where you're coming from: starting at one of these in the editor crashes the game, as does loading a saved game at one.  But in practice, the chances of someone actually saving at one of these are quite low, especially if used in an area full of gravity lines and/or crumbling platforms.

Related:
51. Checkpoints on crumbling platforms.  You may have noticed that after respawning at one of these a few times, the platforms look like conveyors.  What's less well known is that if this process continues, it ultimately crashes the game.
52. Checkpoints on the crumbling single blocks available via Direct Mode.  I've never seen this done, and for good reason.  Unlike the regular crumbling platforms, these don't come back when :viridian: respawns.

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

I'm not saying box checkpoints are bad, but HAVING ALL THE CHECKPOINTS IN A LEVEL IS

53. Making a level archive of levels in the style of lol...ipops

moth 🦋

moth 🦋

:D

54. de avenducfrss OFUC K unif vhysta n amiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikiujcik  :'( :'( :'( :'(

This will contain everything previously mentioned, once I finish making it.

Ally 🌠

55. Spam of crewmates
56. Spam of trinkets
57. Spam of internal scripts that really do not need to be there
69. spam

SJMistery

i think i will make a level involving all those to explain WHY you shouldn't make them, like the videos of "What not to make in Super Mario World editors"

Ally 🌠

Quote from: SJMistery on December 18, 2015, 08:38:21 AM
i think i will make a level involving all those to explain WHY you shouldn't make them, like the videos of "What not to make in Super Mario World editors"
What not to make in Super Mario World (Lunar Magic)

1. Cut off
2. Floating munchers
3. Broken ASM
4. Unbeatable levels
Like those videos?

That Souleye Crewmate

Quote from: Qbe-P on December 19, 2015, 09:15:16 AM
70. Single-tile walls.
Referring to Bearboy's Zones (yah, I know it's an old level, but...), Viridian is continually walking on single-tile walls, which is pretty disturbing for me.
71. Warp-to-warp steps.
One warp is enough. Please do not set a warp destination to another warp token, that will lead you somewhere. VVVVVV is minimalist. Try to make things simpler.
72. (Luigimaster quoting) Checkpoints spam.
The Warning is ok. To the edge. I don't want to hear anymore that annoying noise coming from multiple checkpoint saving.
73. Random levels.
-_- ToastrApucalyps k wat I mean m8s (even that was a joke) (if anyone doesn't know, the level is "Fart Poo"... better raging at the Rainbow Factory)
74. Badly made scripts.
If you don't know how to make scripts, DON'T MAKE 'EM.
75. Weird talking boxes.
VC7. Random commas, unfinished phrases...
76. In-wall bugs.
Please make sure that nothing is locked inside a wall. By glitching.
dude
Luigi Master ended on 58, he just felt the need to make a shitty 69 joke

Ally 🌠

So now we need to fill in
58 - 68
77 - 999999999999999
And be Kreator and make shitty 69 jokes

knuxfanwin8

77? - Levels 1x1
78? - Levels with trolling content only
79? - Levels 1x1 with trolling content