Super Gravitron Records

Started by Terry, January 11, 2010, 05:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasharala

Whirligig

Hey, everyone, guess what!

The odd thing is that my previous record was 32.83. I didn't get 40, or 50, or anything else in between.

Pilzi

Arkatox

My best is 12:9[]. I forget the last digit.

Congrats, Whirl!

Whirligig

I think once you get past 30s it's mostly luck-based. Your skill does still improve to the point where you can get 30s pretty regularly (a few times in a session), but it ends up sort of like exponential decay, where if the right combinations pass your way, it's easy to get high times.

Anyway, here's my latest record (no video, unfortunately):

Pwere

I disagree with you on this a bit. While it is luck based, meaning that you can't get high times without a bit of luck, there is always something you can improve on that will increase your odds of going on.

For a while, I thought that there were many patterns involving waves (hole in the middle) that simply killed you every time. It turned out, however, that many of them occur right after you cross the sides, and if you pay careful attention, as soon as you see a wave, if you don't think you can dodge it on your next way up, you need to stay on the side of the screen, and either dodge it on your second way up, or go back the other side of the screen, depending on the followup. For example, two waves in a row should usually just be avoided.

It takes a tremendous amount of focus to play your AAA game, and most times you simply can't do it, no matter how hard you concentrate. But when you're there, you can dodge basically everything (I say basically, because there are indeed patterns that have two ways to dodge them, and you have to decide which way you use before you actually know the follow-up pattern that will end up killing you, but they are much more rare than I first thought).

Whirligig

And now I wish I had my screen recorder open all the time ... at this level "pics or it didn't happen" just isn't enough.

Well, you'll just have to believe me, then.

Pwere

Quote from: Whirligig on February 20, 2011, 12:34:12 AM
And now I wish I had my screen recorder open all the time ... at this level "pics or it didn't happen" just isn't enough.

I concur.  :viridian:

kjs335

Quote from: Pwere on February 26, 2011, 08:49:20 PM
Quote from: Whirligig on February 20, 2011, 12:34:12 AM

I concur.  :viridian:

I second his judgement.

Edit: new highscore

Whirligig

Three minutes?

THREE? FREAKING? MINUTES?!

:vitellary:

*gives up all plans of eventually getting a WR*

You, my friend, are simply amazing.

Pwere

It's not 3 minutes yet, but it's a huge improvement as far as recorded runs go, and the first in 2.0:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1pn-pnbWuw
:viridian:

xTwoTails

I was thinking "Maybe I should upload this to the forums"
and then I died. T.T

Took me forever....

Link:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/badcoin/VVVVVVV.jpg

PJBottomz

:o Wow, you all are good. My best time is about 20 seconds...

Terry, just a quick heads up about the Super Gravitron:

YOU NEED TO DISABLE INVINCIBILITY ON IT.

Damn It AL to Hell

5 seconds! Didn't think I'd even get all 20 trinkets to activate the lab, I finally did :)

robloxfan1999

IM PROBABLY THE BEST ONE HERE! "Shivers" 7 SECONDS :D