Valso is supposed to be dark green, Why is he depicted as light green?

Started by VeeC7, October 20, 2015, 07:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeeC7

Could you please go back on topic please? PLEASE?

@Kreator

its too late for that, we already answered the question

Quote from: lol...ipops2 on October 20, 2015, 02:29:49 PM
Limitations  :-[

that would have been enough but luigi master and lol...ipops decided to start an argument for no reason
however this thread will live in history because i was actually able to make something of it

That Souleye Crewmate

Quote from: @Kreator on October 26, 2015, 11:18:06 AM
Quote from: ShinyWolf07 on October 26, 2015, 12:51:49 AM
Quote from: crazya02 on October 25, 2015, 05:41:17 AM
That was the most amazing thing I've seen on this forum in a long time.

I can't agree more.
i could have just said "shut the fuck up luigi master and lol...ipops i'm sick of your stupid fucking newfag cat fights," but that wouldn't have been as funny
says the most hated newfag ever

lol...ipops2

lol...ipops2

again there realy is no dark green well because well VVVVVV runs with limited memory and that means limited colours so really you cant store much more than those colours so maybe terry will give the game an upodate and add more memory or maybe someone else could give it a port basicclay there is no valso green but there might be soon just wait... remember paitence is a virtue...

Ally 🌠

Quote from: @Kreator on October 26, 2015, 11:18:06 AM
Quote from: ShinyWolf07 on October 26, 2015, 12:51:49 AM
Quote from: crazya02 on October 25, 2015, 05:41:17 AM
That was the most amazing thing I've seen on this forum in a long time.

I can't agree more.
i could have just said "shut the fuck up luigi master and lol...ipops i'm sick of your stupid fucking newfag cat fights," but that wouldn't have been as funny
no

moth 🦋

Quote from: lol...ipops2 on October 31, 2015, 01:23:15 AM
again there realy is no dark green well because well VVVVVV runs with limited memory and that means limited colours so really you cant store much more than those colours so maybe terry will give the game an upodate and add more memory or maybe someone else could give it a port basicclay there is no valso green but there might be soon just wait... remember paitence is a virtue...
Stop saying "paitence" is a virtue.

What is a dark green well? Also, that made NO SENSE because it's an extremely long run-on sentence.
Also, tilesets can have as many colours as you want. Sprites have limitations because Terry wanted to make sprites change colours VERY slightly. Viridian doesn't have one set colour. People MAY be able to modify the .exe somehow to include new colours someday, but releasing it on the internet is basically piracy.

lol...ipops2

Yeah but I was talking about just regular VVVVVV not if anyone was able to modify it

allison

Quote from: ShinyWolf07 on November 03, 2015, 12:04:10 AM
People MAY be able to modify the .exe somehow to include new colours someday, but releasing it on the internet is basically piracy.
If people managed to do this, they could create a patcher and distribute that instead of illegally distributing the exe. Romhackers use a similar method and it works really well.

However, there's still the matter of the massive difficulty involved in creating such a modification.

moth 🦋

lol...ipops2

say(1,viridian)
Who says that isn't a data value? Life as we know it could run on a computer.     

:vitellary: :vitellary: :vitellary: :vitellary:

moth 🦋

@Kreator

Quote from: VVVVVVCrewmate7 on October 20, 2015, 07:50:43 AM
Why is Valso in light green color in many levels? He is dark green, with the dialog box also being dark green, Why?
sorry for the bump but i actually have a definite answer to this question
dav told me in the drawing room today that when dimension Á and tolp were made, they didn't yet know how to use scripting to create valso, but we all know it's possible today
but they knew how to create voon and change the color of valso's text boxes so yeah i don't get it
so in a way luigi master is right

Quote from: Luigi master on October 24, 2015, 01:34:27 AM
Because stupid idiots who don't know internal scripting and use the stupid as fuck crewmates that are rescuable.
but if i were him i would have said it in a bit nicer way instead of starting a completely pointless newfag argument

Info Teddy

valso is a createcrewman. createcrewmen can only be green, cyan, yellow, red, blue, or purple (which looks like pink) and they're controlled by their color. if you give them an invalid color, they'll be gray, but then you can't control them. they'll just sit there and waste the space oxygen. valso could have been dark green, but then he'd just stand there and then he couldn't flip on over to the exit to make it look like he's opening the warp gate. his dialogue box is green because right after text command is called with the red color, but before it's speaked, a createcrewman is spawned offscreen (doesn't matter if it's facing right, left, up, down, colored red, black, white, brown, rainbow, or spawned onscreen, all that matters is it's spawned), which makes the dialogue box use the alt color for it instead, which happens to be dark green.

voon, on the other hand, is a createentity crewmate, and not a createcrewman. that means he is entity 18, and can't move at all, and sits there sucking up the space air out of the space atmosphere. but that also lets him be whatever color he wants to be in the raw entity color list. unfortunately for him, there is no alt text box color that is orange, so he gets a yellow dialogue box instead.