Savior

Started by Ciolf, October 30, 2015, 06:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciolf

Hey guys, I've been tinkering with this level for the last few days (trying to remember how to navigate the level editor in the process), and I feel pretty comfortable in uploading a new level for the first time in literally years. It may be a bit script-heavy for some, particularly early on, but I tried to keep things irreverent and silly (clearly had some inspiration along the way... you'll see about halfway through). I made the last "boss" level somewhat tricky, but trust me, it is definitely beatable.  Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it! Let me know what you think.

Basic facts - size: 7x7 (all rooms used), trinkets: 12, crewmates: 2  :vermillion:  :victoria:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATES

11.1.2015 - Version 1.1 - fixed the gravity line glitch issue in the room after the grotto, cleaned up a couple of levels and fixed pretty much all of the scripting issues.

Bruce Michez

Very nice, though a bit hard in places.  For sheer creativity, "Pilgrimage" just might be my new favourite trinket challenge in any VVVVVV level.

Just one very minor issue: in the unnamed room right after "The Grotto", the gravity line is too close to the ground, allowing :viridian: to glitch through it.

VeeC7

Glad you're back! Nice level!

SJMistery

Awesome storyline and level, but ensure to make the all scripts only trigger once plz

Ciolf

Thanks for the tips, folks! I went back and fixed all of the glitches and issues you've reported thus far (or in a couple of cases, made it impossible for them to be re-triggered).

Glad you like it!  :viridian:

SJMistery

in future levels, you can use Mayus+arrow to increase and decrease the number of rooms, if you want. not like your level needs it, it is awesome as i said

-

Quote from: SJMistery on November 02, 2015, 08:33:13 AM
in future levels, you can use Mayus+arrow to increase and decrease the number of rooms, if you want. not like your level needs it, it is awesome as i said
What is Mayus? ::)

allison

I haven't heard "Mayus" used instead of Shift before... Anyways, the default level size is 5x5 so he must have increased it.

@Kreator

Quote from: crazya02 on November 06, 2015, 02:45:01 PM
I haven't heard "Mayus" used instead of Shift before... Anyways, the default level size is 5x5 so he must have increased it.
sjmistery is from a spanish speaking country so he doesnt have a shift key

SJMistery

it'x 7x7?  ???  the map looked like the generic 5x5 when i played it...  :-[ :-[ :-[

Ally 🌠

The images are too big.
use [img width=2365786574372631][/img]

@Kreator

i found a glitch
i died in "bridge of death" after getting the trinket in "bring 'em out" and when i respawned at the lowest checkpoint in the room, black bars appeared on the top and bottom of the screen so i couldn't see any more of the room names
just wanted to report that small thing before i beat the level
besides that one glitch, this level is awesome and fucking hilarious

SJMistery

kreator, just activate another text script and it will go away