Prisons - the Prequel to Dimensional Unity!

Started by i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts, November 11, 2015, 11:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

Here's a new level which is the Prequel to Dimensional Unity.

Every single one of Viridian's crewmates is trapped in a dimension of prisons!

Save everyone!

lol...ipops2

@Kreator

looks like he's not here
i guess i'll have to do it

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

SJMistery

Quote from: @Kreator on November 12, 2015, 12:31:22 AM
looks like he's not here
i guess i'll have to do it

this is COMPLETELY STUPID. rescuing crewmates is THE ENTIRE POINT of the game, don't forget it

Bruce Michez

Quote from: Vultarix on November 12, 2015, 01:04:22 AM
Just wait until the end of the level.
Except that the level is literally unbeatable in its current state.  Because of the warping in :victoria:'s "prison", you can't progress to the next layer.  I had to fix it myself (adding an inaccessible warp line hidden behind the room name, which overrides the warp background) to see the rest.  I could upload the fixed version, if you like.

@Kreator

Quote from: SJMistery on November 12, 2015, 12:10:59 PM
this is COMPLETELY STUPID. rescuing crewmates is THE ENTIRE POINT of the game, don't forget it
yeah, but that doesn't mean it's not horribly clichéd now when people are capable of making levels with better stories
the only requirement for actually beating a level is only rescuing ONE crewmate, so maybe put that crewmate somewhere at the end and don't make rescuing it the entire premise of the level
or just focus on design and difficulty instead of generic story; levels don't need stories to be good
my favorite level of all time is victuals. even though it's unbelievably short and easy, it has the most amazing story ever because it took the rescuing crewmates cliché and put a fantastically creative spin on it. victuals proves that levels don't need challenges to be good, just as levels with no stories can still be well-designed
some of my favorite levels are the ones with both stories and challenges, such as dimension open and switchback. sure, they had the rescuing crewmates cliché, but they still had good stories because they added in new elements like boss fights and new characters and vermillion dying. also they were both pretty challenging and well-made
so yeah basically what i'm saying here is if you're going to give your level a story, don't make a ripoff of the one terry already did in the original game. be creative