VVVVVV demakes and fangames

Started by Terry, September 13, 2010, 05:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

I just wanted to make a thread to highlight some cool projects people have made or are working on, which are inspired by VVVVVV. Alphabetically!

Finished/Playable:

CCCCCCCCCC [by Whirligig]

VVVV [by Notch]

YYYYYY [by Robson]

Work in progress:

QQQQQQ [by CooL]

VVVVVV C64 Conversion [by Paulko64]

VVVVVV Nintendo DS Tribute [by t4ils]

Mockups:

VVVVVVX [by Rox]

Shasharala

Man, I'm really looking forward to all those games in the 'Work in Progress' section.

StephenM3

Aah! I've got to play all these fangames!

Shouldn't have disappeared from this forum.  I've been a lousy moderator.  No more!

Terry

Updated the thread with VVVVVVX, as well as the demo of the cool C64 conversion which was recently released!

Quote from: StephenM3 on October 22, 2010, 08:20:58 PM
Shouldn't have disappeared from this forum.  I've been a lousy moderator.  No more!

Heh, no worries, it's been pretty quiet here :)

arcticwolf15

When my game is at a playable state, will you add it?

Terry

Shasharala

articwolf15's demake should at least be put in the work in progress section.
It's practically done, if my understanding is correct...

Kabuto

What's your policy on demakes and fan games? I'm asking because making one would theoretically infringe your copyright and I don't want to get into trouble...

Terry

Quote from: Kabuto on July 28, 2011, 09:01:25 AM
What's your policy on demakes and fan games? I'm asking because making one would theoretically infringe your copyright and I don't want to get into trouble...

I think it's very cool when people make a game inspired by VVVVVV and I love seeing them. :viridian:

Psychopath

Not really a full-blown demake, but a friend of mine is working on a mod of a different game and one of the classes is inspired by VVVVVV.

Video demonstration (complete with VVVVVV music)

Funny story, the mod is of a demake. So we've got a fan-made homage using a fan-made demake of Team Fortress 2

If anyone's curious, I'm one of the programmers working on the base demake that this demake is based off of. Cue the Inception jokes.

Psychopath

Someone in the Gang Garrison community decided to make an entire mod based on VVVVVV titled GGGGGG.

Basically it's Gang Garrison 2 except everyone can flip turn upside-down (turrets can be placed on ceilings this way). Kinda fun.

Damn It AL to Hell

Ooooh, interesting, definitely giving these a go!

Damn It AL to Hell

YYYYYY got confusing with the red letters, but was pretty cool

darkhog

Damn It AL to Hell