Level Ratings for December 2015

Started by i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts, January 01, 2016, 07:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

Prototype - by Sergione

Prototype was a fun and interesting level for me. Based on the ORIGINAL PROTOTYPE of VVVVVV, which can be found here, it also includes hard mode. I always like to challenge myself with hardmode once I finish Easy Mode. XD

Gameplay: 10/10
The gameplay was smooth, fun and easy to control in this level. Nice job Sergione!

Story: 3/10
And this is where it all goes down. The level doesn't contain a story. You could've added a bonus story in a bonus mode to boost this number.

Glitches and Performance: 10/10
The level is glitch-free, with no awkward-looking single tiles (except for one part, but not really single tiles).

Play the level here.

Abducted Once More by SJMistery

Gameplay: 8/10
Reasonably good. It isn't the best gameplay, due to some rooms starting in easy then stretching to HARD right away, but it was pretty good.

Story: 9/10
Wow! This level has an amazing story! I'm not gonna spoil it, but the reason I gave this one 9 instead of 10 is due to the fact that... that's the only level I've seen so far that has aliens. And I've played a lot of levels.

Glitches and Performance: 6.5/10
There were many instances with single-tiles and spikes without backing in a room with backing. But it's not bad! Still play the level: it's good!

Um... so one of them was for SJMistery's four fixed levels. Erm... can you choose one of them to have rated in January? Preferably one of your own.

Dimension RRRRRR by Lollipop

Gameplay: 10/10
Gameplay was spotless with no errors. Play the level!

Story: 10/10
What makes this so high is the fact that, it's being very unique. Most levels follow Viridian and his crew, but sometimes the funnest ones can be a different crew. Like Ralph's crew in this level!

Glitches and Performance: 10/10
There were no glitches, and the level was fun and HARD to play! Nice job Lollipop on a perfect level.

'My Level' by 5tr4

Gameplay: 1/10
At least you didn't get 0/10. The gameplay was (sorry) horrible. SO MANY PLACES YOU COULD GLITCH.

Story: 0/10
There was no story.

Glitches and Performance: 2/10
The level was almost MADE out of single tiles and glitches. The text didn't have proper grammar.

Sigh...

Well, that's all! Check out the overall scores below!

OVERALL SCORES:
Prototype - 23/30 - 76% - B
Abducted Once More - 23.5/30 - 78% - B
Fixed levels
Dimension RRRRRR - 30/30 - 100% - A+ (Perfect score!)
My level - 3/30 - 10% - D

Welp, that was interesting.

SJMistery

oh sorry, i forgot to say which one: i meant the Zanny Protocol, done by Flamming Banana, who has a continuation which i am also trying to fix. No-backing spikes is something i don't know how to fix. any idea? About the story, i hope i don't dissapoint too much after making the first chapter (verdigris and viridian are supposed to infiltrate on the main section, with an extra section showing the abduction, if i ever manage to make a complex script work, that is)

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

Use direct mode to fix backing spikes. :D

fraZ0R

It was my first level! I made it before I found distractionware forums. When will the next one be? Could I submit an unfinished level?Now talking about the unfinished level , not the level I submitted. Take into consideration that it is unfinished. Right before a bug fix update to the level. It is in an attachment in a comment , not in the original post. VVVVVV the other crew. Attached anyway.

Lollipop

woop woop yay me

PS I should get to work on another big level. Maybe after WWWar 2 is done.  :viridian:

(you happy?)

fraZ0R

Sergione

Thank you very much Vultarix.  :)
I am glad you enjoyed the level.
Regarding the story, I will provide to add the dialogue.  ;)
Thank you again.  :viridian: