Overworld Help

Started by Funny Topical Meme, April 05, 2016, 06:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funny Topical Meme

I am bad at creating overworlds, so I need somebody to help make it for me.
You will be credited.

Here are some screenshots:

moth 🦋

use width=600 on your screenshots so we dont have to scroll, okay?

also, I can do it.

EDIT: It's a bright idea to make the entrances to each level or even the actual levels beforehand. I can't estimate biased size. Just make the entrances of where your levels are going to be and I can do the rest.

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

I'll help shiny, if he's ok with that.

Funny Topical Meme

Here's the level.
(Note: The only parts that I haven't done is the Polar Dimension, and the credits.   :vermillion: Will be in the Polar Dimension, and you will get a trinket for looking at the credits. (So,  leave 3 trinkets unplaced, and room for the Polar Dimension.(The polar dimension will be about 10 squares big, and contain The Gravitron.)))
Also, I have no idea how to hide the map.

SJMistery

just use the script:

map(off)

map(on) restores it

Funny Topical Meme

Quote from: SJMistery on April 07, 2016, 11:31:07 AM
just use the script:

map(off)

map(on) restores it
Is that internal or simplified scripting?

SJMistery

Funny Topical Meme

Quote from: SJMistery on April 07, 2016, 11:53:05 AM
simplified.
Good to know, I'll use it in the Polar Dimension.

Funny Topical Meme

Alright, now it has the Polar Dimension! (Only reachable Via the Level Select.)
(Edit: Now the credits work. I think that all the bugs are fixed (Notify me if you find any), so now only the overworld needs to be done.)
(Edit2: Now with some bugfixes.)

SJMistery

Trying to piece together what the heck i am supposed to do on the level. but i already say this. your level's rooms are badly aligned

Funny Topical Meme

Quote from: SJMistery on April 10, 2016, 03:49:29 PM
Trying to piece together what the heck i am supposed to do on the level. but i already say this. your level's rooms are badly aligned
I know that I suck at making levels, but could you give an example please?

SJMistery

Simple, while making a level, you will notice white lines on the edges of the screen. Those lines indicate that there is a wall on the other side. If walls do not match, you can sequence break, get off bounds, or even worse, get permanently stuck.

Funny Topical Meme

Quote from: SJMistery on April 10, 2016, 06:41:10 PM
Simple, while making a level, you will notice white lines on the edges of the screen. Those lines indicate that there is a wall on the other side. If walls do not match, you can sequence break, get off bounds, or even worse, get permanently stuck.

I'm pretty sure that you tried to access the overworld. As I stated earlier, It's not done. The level select and levels ARE done though.

SJMistery

the easiest way to see what i mean: there is a featured level called "Seasons". play it while invincible, and go left from the start. you will see what i mean by "worst case scenario" on a misalignement.

Funny Topical Meme

Quote from: SJMistery on April 10, 2016, 08:22:34 PM
the easiest way to see what i mean: there is a featured level called "Seasons". play it while invincible, and go left from the start. you will see what i mean by "worst case scenario" on a misalignement.

VVVVVV SAYS THAT INVINCIBILITY MAY CAUSE GLITCHES! *Facepalm*