VVVVVV: My Experience

Started by Whirligig, November 11, 2010, 03:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whirligig

Well, I finally got around to playing VVVVVV.  :viridian: So here are my comments:

-It seemed easy at first, until I became overconfident and died on Traffic Jam. Continuing, I got the first couple of trinkets (I may have saved Trench Warfare until later, I don't remember) and went on.
-The Laboratory was pretty easy, considering that I had already played it in the demo. I got Purest Unobtanium on about my third or fourth try (I had gotten it before in the demo).
-Then, knowing what the other levels are, I scoured the entire map until I found the Warp Zone, which I wanted to play next. I skipped Edge Games' trinket after trying a couple of times.
-The first intermission went all right. Not as I Do was a bit hard, but eventually I got it.
-Then, I tried The Tower (ignoring trinkets for the moment) and beat it pretty easily. The second intermission was okay; I'm not too good at the Gravitron, but I did just fine.
-In the Space Station (2), I decided I wasn't even going to attempt DTTHW until later.
-Finally, in the Final Level, I did pretty well in PanicRoom, sucked at the part with the four planes in The Final Challenge, and took a while on W. Dial M for Murder was easier than expected. The hardest room for me, surprisingly, was Timeslip.
-So overall, I beat the game in under two hours, with, I'm not sure, somewhere around 900-1000 deaths.
-Then, I looked for the remaining trinkets. I finally got DTTHW on my 708th try (I subtracted, not counted). Edge Games wasn't as hard, but it took me a while as well, and it was the last one I got.
-In the Secret Lab, my best Super Gravitron time is around 7.6 or something like that. I, after many tries, got an S rank on Space Station 1 and am working toward a V. Driller seems kind of easy now, as does Brass Sent Us Under The Top.

Onward!  :vermillion:

Oh, and: overall, DEFINITELY worth the $5. Every penny. W00t.

SoulEye

Suprising - I really thought you had this game almost since the beginning, with all your previous VVVVVV related activity!

Whirligig

Yeah, I know. Ironic, isn't it?

Also, I finally got the V rank. Yay!  :viridian: :viridian: :viridian:

Pilzi

Quote from: SoulEye on November 11, 2010, 11:34:43 PM
Suprising - I really thought you had this game almost since the beginning, with all your previous VVVVVV related activity!
yeah kinda weird. though its awesome that you did without playing the game  :vitellary:
I hope we'll get VVVVVV 2.0 on its first anniversary!  :viridian: