VED - The External VVVVVV Level Editor!

Started by Lollipop, April 30, 2016, 02:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevinmonitor

Quote from: Dav999 on May 01, 2016, 05:31:38 PM
Seems like you turned on 2x scaling accidentally.

To fix it, you need to go to %appdata%\LOVE\ved\settings.lua and set s.scale to 1.

THANK YOU.

:viridian: :viridian: :viridian: :vermillion: :vermillion: :vermillion:

Ally 🌠

Dav999

I'll answer questions and help with problems here, and keep the OP up to date if necessary (I've updated the features list days before this topic was made but the old one was copied here), but I'm treating this as less of an official topic than the one on tOLP. That means, I'm generally only making update announcements in the other topic, except if there's an important one to make.

While I'm at it though, yesterday I released Ved b4, which has the ability to compare differences between different (versions of) levels!

Kevinmonitor

Quote from: Dav999 on May 06, 2016, 05:24:13 PM

While I'm at it though, yesterday I released Ved b4, which has the ability to compare differences between different (versions of) levels!

Awesome!

..Wait, how does it work?

(also what I need is a testing function nggggghhhh)

The ability to see the map while editing is super cool! Really helps you keep track of your rooms - especially when you're doing a big map(20x20)! Warp tokens and gravity lines can be a little buggy sometimes tho - but opening the level in the ingame editor fixes them.  :viridian:

moth 🦋

Quote from: Kevinmonitor on May 07, 2016, 03:47:52 AM
(also what I need is a testing function nggggghhhh)
probably never gonna happen
dav can't remake vvvvvv physics
and if he did they'd not be accurate
because he'd have to add of the errors and bugs in the original game
the closest thing I can imagine to that is it opening up VVVVVV for you
what I usually do is keep Ved and VVVVVV both open at the same time and then just load the level from VVVVVV when I need to test

Dav999

Awesome!

Press ctrl+D (cmd+D on Mac) after loading the newer version (info is in the changelog and the shortcuts help page)

Warp tokens and gravity lines can be a little buggy sometimes tho - but opening the level in the ingame editor fixes them.  :viridian:
Hm, can you give me some more details about this, so I can fix problems?

Kevinmonitor

Quote from: Dav999 on May 07, 2016, 09:52:14 AM

Awesome!

Press ctrl+D (cmd+D on Mac) after loading the newer version (info is in the changelog and the shortcuts help page)

Warp tokens and gravity lines can be a little buggy sometimes tho - but opening the level in the ingame editor fixes them.  :viridian:
Hm, can you give me some more details about this, so I can fix problems?

sure

you see that warp token?

well, that's the very first warp token in my level.

now, when I place it and attempt to place my exit, it doesn't let me place the exit at my desired place.

instead, the exit is automatically placed in the very first room of my level(1:1)(top left)

I tried opening the level editor, deleted the warp token, opened Ved again and made another warp token.

Same problem.

But my second, third, .. tokens do not have those problems.

It only happens to the first warp token you place into your level.

planning to put that damn token into a wall as a decoration urrgghhh

using b3 by the way, too lazy to download b4

still figuring out how to redo that grav line glitch. So basically, you place a gravity line between two walls, then you open up the ingame editor, and suddenly that gravity line goes crazy and out of place. just put the grav line between two blocks, thats what I remember.

EDIT

IF YOU ERASE THE FIRST WARP TOKEN AND ADD ANOTHER THE PROBLEM PERSISTS FOR THAT ADDED WARP TOKEN

you have to keep that damn first warp token. noooo

Dav999

Quote from: Kevinmonitor on May 07, 2016, 03:22:33 PM
using b3 by the way, too lazy to download b4
You're very lucky.

IMPORTANT: Ved b4 currently has a saving bug, and trying to save a level will cause scripts and room metadata to be lost! Use Ved b3 for the time being, unless you just want to use it to compare two levels.

Dav999

b5 is out, fixing the saving bug that b4 had. Now there's time to investigate the warp token bug; it looks like a pretty odd bug but I haven't been able to reproduce it thus far. Are you also getting it when making a new level? When you try placing the exit, does it place an entrance warp token unexpectedly?

Kevinmonitor

Quote from: Dav999 on May 07, 2016, 07:06:10 PM
b5 is out, fixing the saving bug that b4 had. Now there's time to investigate the warp token bug; it looks like a pretty odd bug but I haven't been able to reproduce it thus far. Are you also getting it when making a new level? When you try placing the exit, does it place an entrance warp token unexpectedly?

Nope. It gives me the option to place the exit, but no matter where I place it it always automatically sets to the top left of room 1:1. No unexpected entrance tokens. Not sure what would happen if I place a warp token in an EMPTY map with NOTHING yet.

Ally 🌠

Open in VVVVVV
Save
Open in ved
:nonexistingthumbsup:

Shadeblast

i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts

Try updating your OpenGL.

If that doesn't work, are you using Love 10.0?

Shadeblast

Quote from: Vultarix on May 10, 2016, 02:12:47 PM
Try updating your OpenGL.

If that doesn't work, are you using Love 10.0?

uh, idk how to update opengl

also, idk the version of love