VED - The External VVVVVV Level Editor!

Started by Lollipop, April 30, 2016, 02:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodStuff

this problem happened to me too, maybe a bug? tried to save my short 20x20 WIP dimension with 6 rooms as dimension vee (couldn't think of a better name), i looked at open dimension (menu, not the open level project) and there was no dimensionvee.vvvvvv there

EDIT: nvm, by the way the bug happened to me yesterday

DoggieBreak

Quote from: Dav999 on April 16, 2017, 09:17:46 AM
Whatever the full path to the VVVVVV folder is... On Windows (I have to guess, Mac and Linux don't use the documents folder for this), that would probably start with C:\Users\ (I don't know if your documents folder is on another drive), and would use backslashes if you're on Windows, not forward slashes.

It would be really helpful to know why Ved isn't detecting the correct path in the first place, though, so that I know if there's a bug that can be fixed. Could you please answer all questions in my previous post?
I think its because on ved it shows the right thing except i have onedrive! Maybe that is the case
Yet even doing that doesnt work  :victoria:

Dav999

Quote from: Dav999 on April 16, 2017, 09:17:46 AM
Could you please answer all questions in my previous post?

Quote from: Dav999 on April 15, 2017, 09:03:59 PM
That doesn't look like they're the full paths, could you please accurately post them, including all correct capitalization, in whatever language it is in (not sure if you translated "documents", but non-latin alphabets or accented characters could cause these sorts of things) and including everything in front of your username? (Feel free to make screenshots or copy paste them instead.) Also, what operating system are you using?

Judging from the paths you posted, VVVVVV and Ved strangely seem to be detecting two different usernames - is the first S accented maybe (Tobiaš/Tobiaş/Tobiaś/etc)?

DoggieBreak

Ved finally works  :viridian: Thanks for the help!

Dav999

What did you do to make it work now? If you changed anything, may I still have answers to my questions? I'd like to know if there's a bug that caused it in the first place, and it'd be helpful if anyone else runs into the same problem.

DoggieBreak

If you are using windows you can copy the path where your map is (by clicking on the path bar that will show something with C: and \), then paste it by options, VVVVVV map, then restart Ved and load or start a level!

DubstVne

Can I have a video of VED? I want to see what its like before I get it  :viridian:.

:viridian: viridian: im in a game with a bad editor!

Dav999

There are not many videos of it online, but there are 14 screenshots, including one gif, on this page: https://tolp.nl/ved/?p=screenshots

DubstVne

Ok, do you have a folder of GIFS including all of the features?

Dav999

I think the gif with the spikes tool is the only gif I ever made of Ved, since making gifs can be kind of tedious, and screenshots usually work well. I guess it's a good idea if I made some video tutorials of Ved though, walking through Ved's features similar to Terry's tutorial posts in the levels board for VVVVVV's editor (part 1 and part 2). It would probably take me some days to make the videos, though!

DubstVne

Quote from: Dav999 on December 16, 2017, 02:21:37 AM
I think the gif with the spikes tool is the only gif I ever made of Ved, since making gifs can be kind of tedious, and screenshots usually work well. I guess it's a good idea if I made some video tutorials of Ved though, walking through Ved's features similar to Terry's tutorial posts in the levels board for VVVVVV's editor (part 1 and part 2). It would probably take me some days to make the videos, though!
Ok thanks  :viridian: :viridian: :viridian: :viridian: :viridian: :viridian:

DubstVne

This message is to: Dav999.
the message:
This is a kind of hard suggestion, but instead of having to manually script, it would be a great decision of having a BG script thing
that loads entities (Like with createentity() ) or crewmates (like createcrewman() ). The reason for entity loading BG scripts is for the
option of using "The Yes Men" or the "Busted..." enemies. If you want crewmates like the ones in the real game, It will be neccasary to
use that in the "load_entities" BG script, or an option to place a teleporter (put a message that it will destroy your VVVVVV save file if you
toutch it!). I hope you have a good understanding now. :]

I am too lazy to create an acc for IdeaInformer.com, so yea.

Dav999

You don't need to make an account for submitting an idea on the Idea Informer; apparently you were going to send me a private message instead.

Thanks for the idea, even though it's been suggested before, but thus far I've never gotten around to making something like that (read: had the motivation to make something like that). Maybe later! (or, in theory, someone else could make it as a plugin)

Ally 🌠

Yeah, I was actually planning on making a plugin for that, but I barely get anything done so

Dav999

Ved 1.4.0 is out!

A few features worth highlighting:

You can now use the font from the VVVVVV graphics folder in all of Ved.

The code for dialogs is being rewritten, allowing multiple dialogs to be on screen at the same time, which in turn stops dialogs from preventing you to quit Ved until you close them. Plugins can now also create their own dialogs and customize them much further with less hacky code edits. And when creating a new level, you'll now get a Save/Discard/Cancel dialog instead of an "are you sure" dialog.

There's now a screen where you can see how close you are to hitting VVVVVV limits...

Thanks to r00ster, Ved now comes with a German language option!

Also, you can also use ctrl+D in the script editor and level notes to delete the current line!

There's more, which you can find in the changelog as usual. Have fun!

(oh, and should you be confused about the April Fools' update which was called Ved 1.4: Ved's true version numbering system always has three parts, 1.4.0 is never abbreviated to 1.4. That's how you can tell them apart!)