Abducted Once More returns!!

Started by SJMistery, May 07, 2016, 01:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJMistery

Remember that level i keep commenting i never find the time and inspiration to remake?
Well, this time it comes back from the depts of my PC, this time to stay if someone agrees to give me a hand with the teleport scripts!!

I have played through the entire level, tough I agree that some sections are far easier as the main creator of the level.

I hold no responsibility for people ragequitting on certain rooms, in particular Level 4-1 and "Good Level Design". All I will say is, pay attention to the backgrounds and walls.  :vermillion:

Screenshots cause problems. Plus they would spoil some rooms...

And please comment about what do you think about the level, or what there is of it yet. Especially I want to see the rage comments about the third level. Don't worry, the prologue that is not yet developed will consist of automatic rooms to compensate for those hell of rooms. Tough, the less said about what I am planning to include in the fourth level, and the brutal mix-everything that will be the exit sequence, the best...

AND remember, the red rooms on the maze warp on all directions. There are NO exceptions. At least, for this version. We will see what happens once I finish the level and start working on the Hard, Lunatic, and YOLO Modes.

fraZ0R

Funny Topical Meme

Quote from: SJMistery on May 07, 2016, 01:31:24 PM
Remember that level i keep commenting i never find the time and inspiration to remake?
Well, this time it comes back from the depts of my PC, this time to stay if someone agrees to give me a hand with the teleport scripts!!

For now, here it comes with the second and third levels of the second chapter completely finished.

I hold no responsibility for people ragequitting on certain rooms.  :vermillion:

Screenshots cause problems. Plus they would spoil some rooms...

And please comment about what do you think about the level, or what there is of it yet. Especially I want to see the rage comments about the third level. Don't worry, the prologue that is not yet developed will consist of automatic rooms to compensate for those hell of rooms. Tough, the less said about what I am planning to include in the fourth level, and the brutal mix-everything that will be the exit sequence, the best...

I had to mute the game 5/10

But in all seriousness,
A) It's not finished
B) The Non-inversion plane hurt my ears
C) It's a great level!

SJMistery

I know it's not finished, the rooms called "ERROR: UNFINISHED" are kinda supposed to convey that fact.

Kinda surprised nobody complained for the brutal difficulty of the third section, especially the room "Good Level Design". I kinda get the feeling you did not get to the third section yet, there is a room called "Spider Web" (that used to be called "Okay, This Is Just Crap" and for good reason) there that is a 100 times more ear-torturing than "The Non-Inversion-Plane".

PD you are experiencing the Easy version , i plan to make harder variants once I finish it for good. I also plan something very special for the fourth section... something aMAZEing. The final escape sequence... oh, I doubt anybody will get through it once I get to build it, not even myself probably lol. As an apology, the level 0, in particular the infiltration sequence of Verdigris, will be quite a breeze, unless you decide to go bold and try to speedrun.

Funny Topical Meme

Quote from: SJMistery on May 18, 2016, 08:33:46 PM
I know it's not finished, the rooms called "ERROR: UNFINISHED" are kinda supposed to convey that fact.

Kinda surprised nobody complained for the brutal difficulty of the third section, especially the room "Good Level Design". I kinda get the feeling you did not get to the third section yet, there is a room called "Spider Web" (that used to be called "Okay, This Is Just Crap" and for good reason) there that is a 100 times more ear-torturing than "The Non-Inversion-Plane".

PD you are experiencing the Easy version , i plan to make harder variants once I finish it for good. I also plan something very special for the fourth section... something aMAZEing. The final escape sequence... oh, I doubt anybody will get through it once I get to build it, not even myself probably lol. As an apology, the level 0, in particular the infiltration sequence of Verdigris, will be quite a breeze, unless you decide to go bold and try to speedrun.

A) Lol the download said that it was finished no offense tho
B) It hurt less for me because I didn't die a fuckton there, And I just enabled invincibility for that room.
C) I'm just editing it and adding a maze one and I'm suprised we're both doing mazes.

SJMistery

A) Yeah, that comes from the time i got it, at first it looked almost finished and I just connected some rooms. Then I noticed how boring it was. Fixed

B) Come on, that's cheating!  Not gonna work again on the second half, and pray I find a way to block invincibility on the first half, or I will simply remove the checkpoint on the middle.

C) I doubt the maze I have in mind and the one you are making. I will include it once I manage the external editor to work, so i can copypaste the rooms, but if someone can do it, it will be apreciated if you copypaste the room on (8,5) to every room marked with a cross.

Funny Topical Meme

Quote from: SJMistery on May 20, 2016, 08:59:45 AM
A) Yeah, that comes from the time i got it, at first it looked almost finished and I just connected some rooms. Then I noticed how boring it was. Fixed

B) Come on, that's cheating!  Not gonna work again on the second half, and pray I find a way to block invincibility on the first half, or I will simply remove the checkpoint on the middle.

C) I doubt the maze I have in mind and the one you are making. I will include it once I manage the external editor to work, so i can copypaste the rooms, but if someone can do it, it will be apreciated if you copypaste the room on (8,5) to every room marked with a cross.

Done

A) Ok.
B) The room is cheating!
C) It's done, and I just realised that i suck at making mazes.

SJMistery

Hint for the "cheating room": look at the background, the fake spikes have background behind them, the real ones do not

Funny Topical Meme

Quote from: SJMistery on May 21, 2016, 10:49:47 AM
Hint for the "cheating room": look at the background, the fake spikes have background behind them, the real ones do not
maybe its my texture pack but i see no background
O0

QwertymanO07

Funny Topical Meme

SJMistery

HUH. That's true, I run the texture pack that turns the lab tiles semi-transparent and makes them very visible for convenience. Maybe I should add it. PD I solved the problem with the editor, the fourth level will come this thursday, once I get some free time to decide which rooms get which warp walls. Hint for that level: the red rooms ALWAYS warp at all sides. EDIT: LOOOL. Seems my make and play edition cannot handle the level anymore, as it crashes every time I try to use the normal editor. That means I will have to try to use my home computer to end the level instead of my old laptop, and likely nerf the maze quite a lot. You lucky bastards.

SJMistery

ONE ETERNITY LATER:
No, I haven't disowned this level. I "simply" lost the entire file with levels 3 and 4 complete. Finally, I recovered the file and finished them:

Level 3-1 fixed
Level 4-1 complete
Level 3-2 and 4-2 under construction
Level 5 in project.

WARNING: Some dialogue has been damaged, notify me every single sentence you see badly spelled, thanks!

AND. If the maze proves TOO frustrating, I will consider adding a script to remove the map-off option after X restarts. But that won't happen at least until 3-2 and 4-2 get finished

Hoo, boy, I almost forgot about this one.  Can't wait to play it again!

SJMistery

Wel, the latest beta is ready to be downloaded, but, remember to include the tiles, or "Good Level Design" will become either virtually impossible or boringly easy.