No Death Mode

Started by eyf, January 11, 2010, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaking177

Space Station 1 -> The Tower -> ???

i have only beat the tower after the first place, now to choose where to go :D!

and you guys are lucky, you can make auto scripts to get past everything, i have to remember everything.
:( sad 3DS.

Thedreaminghawk

I made it to "Brass sent us under the big top" Before I died in the 3DS version. :victoria: I really hope I can at least make it through the Tower, as that is the level I am currently practicing no death on time trials.

FIQ

I've managed to get to The Gravitron, and survive 25 seconds of it.

Not bad IMO, but my definite goal of this game is to complete it, so... :P

By the way, I was thinking of doing it this order:

* Space Station 1 (survival ratio: 90%)
* Space Station 2 (long and annoying (in no death) level, not the hardest, but I want to "get rid" of this as fast as possible) (survival ratio: 60%)
* The Laboratory (the hardest level IMO, especially Kid His Age Bounce) (survival ratio: 50%)
* Intermission 1 (not that hard, the part I usually fail at is Do Try To Keep Up, not Not As I Do, anymore!) (survival ratio: 70%)
* Warp Zone (very easy level, the only annoying part is That's Why I Have To Kill You) (survival ratio: 70%)
* The Gravitron (not THAT hard, I've survived it in level replay sometimes) (survival ratio: 0%)
* The Tower (this one is the easiest for me, because I love the level and has played it a lot more than the others, so I can do it better than even Space Station 1) (survival ratio: 95%)
* Final Level (not impossible, and definitly easier than The Gravitron.. but I've not played this too much..) (survival ratio: 0%)

"survival ratio" is how well I've done it before. I mixed my level order a lot before, that's why The Tower has one.

Vallu

Quote from: seaking177 on January 05, 2012, 08:57:40 PM
you can make auto scripts to get past everything
We can?

Anyway, my new record is: Survived 10 seconds in The Gravitron. I really can't do better... Even if I practise on super gravitron for very long time., I still can't survive for even 30 seconds. This is impossible.

blue626

and you guys are lucky, you can make auto scripts to get past everything, i have to remember everything.

??? I don't get your post. No, we can't. The No Death Mode in the computer version is just playing the main game, ending the game when you die. I suppose that's the same in 3DS.

FIQ

Ooookay.

I felt like speedrunning VVVVVV just because I can. This is how it went:

*space station 1 cleared, 0 deaths*
That's nice, every shortcut done w/o a single death

*the laboratory cleared, 0 deaths*
No death in Kid His Age Bounce :o - nice!

*space station 2 cleared, 0 deaths*
Hey, this is going well on the no-death front as well, even thought I'm not even running it!

*intermission 1 cleared, 0 deaths*
Well, intermission 1 is pretty easy anyway...

*the tower cleared, 0 deaths (no death-shortcut taken, at this part I just wanted to see how long I could survive)*
0 deaths...

*intermission 2 cleared, 0 deaths*
I SURVIVED THE GRAVITRON... OUTSIDE NO DEATH... Done better than I've ever done in no death lol

*warp zone cleared, 3 deaths*
Well, That's Why I have To Kill You always was hard... too bad I died there this time

*final level cleared, 12 deaths*
I could obviously have done better in The Final Challenge, 6 deaths there.

...I did my best no-death run ever... OUTSIDE no death. Brilliant! ...

Dav999

Quote from: FIQ on July 19, 2012, 01:57:30 PM
Ooookay.

I felt like speedrunning VVVVVV just because I can. This is how it went:

*space station 1 cleared, 0 deaths*
That's nice, every shortcut done w/o a single death

*the laboratory cleared, 0 deaths*
No death in Kid His Age Bounce :o - nice!

*space station 2 cleared, 0 deaths*
Hey, this is going well on the no-death front as well, even thought I'm not even running it!

*intermission 1 cleared, 0 deaths*
Well, intermission 1 is pretty easy anyway...

*the tower cleared, 0 deaths (no death-shortcut taken, at this part I just wanted to see how long I could survive)*
0 deaths...

*intermission 2 cleared, 0 deaths*
I SURVIVED THE GRAVITRON... OUTSIDE NO DEATH... Done better than I've ever done in no death lol

*warp zone cleared, 3 deaths*
Well, That's Why I have To Kill You always was hard... too bad I died there this time

*final level cleared, 12 deaths*
I could obviously have done better in The Final Level, 6 deaths there.

...I did my best no-death run ever... OUTSIDE no death. Brilliant! ...

It would really suck to have tried no death mode countless times, and failed, then play a regular game, and not die a single time, and never again succeed in doing -that- in no death mode... :P

RobinLSL

Quote from: FIQ on July 19, 2012, 01:57:30 PM
Fiq's post

That's really good! I'd say that beating No Death Mode is definitely reachable for you.

Also, if you have trouble with "That's why I have to kill you" I recommend that you use the same timing that I use (involves waiting a fixed amount of cycles at some spot, hard to explain :viridian:) . I've only died twice in this room in my no death attempts I think, and none of these is recent. You can check the timing in most of my videos. (yeah for shameless plug-in)

blue626

FIQ: This isn't the right thread. Here are some threads related to this:

VVVVVV Records
Just beat the game for the 10th time
Fastest completion time

But, you were training for No Death mode... I recommend the 1st link.

:o 15 deaths. Yes, you could have done better at "The Final Challenge". I can do it easily without deaths.
And, you completed the gravitron without deaths!?! :o :o :o

I'll post part of this post in the records thread, writing something else...

Hilbert

What u takin aboyt?

Dav999

Did you think we can edit the existing levels and then play it in no death mode?
'Cause we can't. (Which is a good thing actually)
We can only create and edit custom levels.

miekkamorso

Its nearly impossible to run trought entire game without dying. I just can't do it  :vermillion:
I have only rescued violet, when I'm trying to rescue victoria, I always die in some room in laboratory.
(My english sucks, I know...)