Return to VVVVVV

Started by lamourieparkinson, July 17, 2016, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamourieparkinson

I'm working on what might be my biggest level yet. Return to VVVVVV. It's a 20x20 map (no surprise) and it will have 20 trinkets (!). The basic plot is, Viridian and his crew mates have been teleported to random places in a dimension, which just so happens to be Dimension VVVVVV (the dimension in the main game). Viridian must find them again.

And because it's Dimension VVVVVV, there WILL be a DTTHW clone, or rather, in this case, the ORIGINAL DTTHW. And unlike my other levels, the 20x20 map might actually cover every last space.

LafondaSaysMeow

have you ever heard of back to vvvvvv?  :-X
Also, why do you even bother posting this when you don't have any content at all?
At least post a screenshot or something.

moth 🦋

http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2464.0;attach=5247
here it's dimension vvvvvv replicated in player level format
MAKE SURE TO CREDIT FIQ FOR IT, NOT ME.

lamourieparkinson

It was a blank canvas for the map, pretty much. THIS one has enemies.

Also, I've figured out how to use a download link, but I can't post screenshots still. Can one of you guys show me?

Dav999

LafondaSaysMeow

dangit i just fin-, ah nevermind

lamourieparkinson

Okay, I tried the steps in the video.

It's hopeless. Sorry, but you won't see the game until I post the download link, and it's nowhere close to finished.

Dav999

Quote from: lamourieparkinson on July 17, 2016, 09:23:19 PM
Okay, I tried the steps in the video.

It's hopeless. Sorry, but you won't see the game until I post the download link, and it's nowhere close to finished.
What part of the video did you get stuck at?

lamourieparkinson

I was able to do all the steps except the screenshots button. I cannot find it.

LafondaSaysMeow

alt and the print screen button next to f12

lamourieparkinson

I'm still working on this. Ship done, Tower done (of course it doesn't autoscroll), SS1 and SS2 done, first part of the Lab done, first room of the Warp Zone done, and almost all of the overworld done.

LafondaSaysMeow

Fyi, this story sucks.
Quote from: lamourieparkinson on July 17, 2016, 04:50:53 PM
The basic plot is, Viridian and his crew mates have been teleported to random places in a dimension, which just so happens to be Dimension VVVVVV (the dimension in the main game). Viridian must find them again.
FFS
Literally almost EVERYONE does that plot! (Just not in VVVVVV, which only makes this story worse.) The crewmates have been separated and now i need to find them in some place called dimension vvvvvv. How original!!!
Your basically ripping off a ripoff of a ripoff with that story.

lamourieparkinson

Quote from: LafondaSaysMeow on July 29, 2016, 09:31:46 PM
Fyi, this story sucks.
Quote from: lamourieparkinson on July 17, 2016, 04:50:53 PM
The basic plot is, Viridian and his crew mates have been teleported to random places in a dimension, which just so happens to be Dimension VVVVVV (the dimension in the main game). Viridian must find them again.
FFS
Literally almost EVERYONE does that plot! (Just not in VVVVVV, which only makes this story worse.) The crewmates have been separated and now i need to find them in some place called dimension vvvvvv. How original!!!
Your basically ripping off a ripoff of a ripoff with that story.

There's a reason why it's called RETURN to VVVVVV.

LafondaSaysMeow

Quote from: lamourieparkinson on July 30, 2016, 12:30:39 AM
There's a reason why it's called RETURN to VVVVVV.
Definition of Return: come or go back to a place or person.

As you can see, returning only means to go back to a place you've been to before!
It doesn't mean ripping off the EXACT story as when you first went there!

lamourieparkinson

If you played this level, you would know the difference between this and the main game.

Also, unrelated:
:viridian: Hey Vermilion, what am I?
  :vermillion: Uh, stupid?
:viridian: No, I'm Texas!
:vermillion: What's the difference?!

In fact, post your VVVVVV-ified SpongeBob quotes here. Actually, split this topic.