VVVVVV leaked again :(

Started by TheVGuru, January 12, 2010, 06:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVGuru

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently, the game has been leaked on 4chan again.  I really hope the people responsible for this hope they know how badly they're affecting the creator.

joniho

Quote from: TheVGuru on January 12, 2010, 06:37:43 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently, the game has been leaked on 4chan again.  I really hope the people responsible for this hope they know how badly they're affecting the creator.

The full game? Pardon my French but, what the fuck?

TheVGuru

Sadly, yes.  The entire beta version is now up on their /f/ board.  This happened before, and it upsets me greatly that they'd do it again.  I won't provide a link, but here's a link to the /f/ board that it's up at:

:'(

allen

You stupid idiot, why make a post about this? It's inevitable that every PC game will be pirated, there is zero reason to make a post and further spread places where it might be.

It's just the beta and it was already known to have been leaked. But still, congrats on being a complete fuckwad and posting this worthless message.

jazmeister

People pirate games because they have no intention of paying for them. You can't really do anything about it - the DRM-free thing is, I suspect, more about treating your customers right than trying to win over the pirates with a show of faith. I think they're a lost cause - people want things for free, and if they can get them, they'll take them.

Hopefully, the game will get a lot of exposure and Terry can just ignore the pirates.

@allen: I concur that he shouldn't have linked it. I don't think you should be calling him a stupid idiot and a complete fuckwad, it's just a mistake.

maxporter

I wish people would recognize the difference between pirating from megacorps and indie devs.

Applekid

Quote from: maxporter on January 12, 2010, 06:37:43 PM
I wish people would recognize the difference between pirating from megacorps and indie devs.
Is there? Investment in a salable product is investment in a salable product no matter how deep your pockets are.

VAgentZero

Quote from: Applekid on January 12, 2010, 06:59:59 PM
Is there? Investment in a salable product is investment in a salable product no matter how deep your pockets are.

Yes and no.  I don't believe in pirating games -- the devs put in their time and deserve to get paid for their work, even if we're dealing with a "money-grubbing corporation" or some such.  I do think that stealing $15 worth of product from a company with millions of dollars in equity does more damage than stealing $15 worth of product from one man, though.  Neither is justifiable, I don't think, but consider how much your dollar is worth to the patsy of your scheme, you know?

allen

Quote from: jazmeister on January 12, 2010, 09:07:48 AM
it's just a mistake.

I don't think he "accidentally" pressed the button to copy/paste a direct URL to find terry's game. He did it on purpose because he's a cunt.

GenerationV

Wow, way to support the bad guys.  Posting a link supports piracy.  I'll forgive it since this was your first post, but it's just horrible to go out and do that, even if it may just be the beta.

I think this thread should probably be deleted.