Author Topic: Dimension X  (Read 1705 times)

Chip

• Crewmate
  • Discord: chip#0001
    • View Profile
    • Spotify
Dimension X
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:43:09 pm »
So I made a warp-zone type level called "Dimension X". The goal is to save  :vermillion: :vitellary: :victoria: when they got teleported away by accident. Enjoy!

P.S. One thing I don't like about many levels is that they're really cramped and confusing. The original game isn't like that, and instead of having lots of different paths in levels it's spacious. I like that kind of level, so that's what I tried to do here.

• Captain
  • I like cheese
    • View Profile
Re: Dimension X
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 09:47:07 pm »
Not bad :viridian:
Honestly I can't really think of anything to say about this...if spacious is what you were going for I probably would've made the map bigger.

Also OOOOOOOooooohh dear whaaaaAAAAAAA

Chip

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
    • Spotify
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 01:07:09 am »
Honestly I can't really think of anything to say about this...if spacious is what you were going for I probably would've made the map bigger.

Thanks! By spacious I meant more space per room, rather than the entire level :viridian: but I see what you mean.

Quattro

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 06:31:30 am »
Very, very, very well done! It's good to see levels as nice as yours in these times!
diamonds among s37tposts
Also yes, I share fully your point of view about room spaces, and I can say yours are much more linear than some of the others published here.

This makes me want to ask you for another level... Great work! ;P

Chip

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
    • Spotify
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 02:43:01 pm »
Thanks so much! I am working on a level where the crew's new ship, the Souleye II, crashes and the crew get stranded. It won't be out for a while, since I just started yesterday and it involves a lot of Direct Mode  :victoria:  ;D But I hope to get it out ASAP.

Chip

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
    • Spotify
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 02:45:16 pm »

To clarify, take a look at A Dual Challenge or a New Dimension. It's really cramped, especially compared to the original game.

QwertymanO07

• Captain
  • Rad scientist exraordinare
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 01:45:27 am »
Have you tried out Ved or internal scripting yet?

Chip

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
    • Spotify
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 01:30:10 pm »
No internal scripting yet. I need to update my bio to "Internal scripting is my archnemesis" or something :viridian:

What's Ved? I'm not a very experienced level creator yet so I don't know most of that stuff.

QwertymanO07

• Captain
  • Rad scientist exraordinare
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 08:18:01 pm »
Ved is an external VVVVVV level editor that uses the LÖVE game engine.  It offers a huge improvement to the base game's editor, but the real reason I recommended it is that it has a feature to automatically make scripts internal.  You can download it here [tolp2.nl], but it'll be in a .love file, which you need Love2d to run, found here [love2d.org].

Chip

• Crewmate
    • View Profile
    • Spotify
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 11:05:02 pm »
Cool! I was actually thinking of trying to create a simple level editor for Mac myself. Sounds awesome though.