4 Paths *Map*

Started by mrytp, December 22, 2016, 05:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrytp

Here is my map 4 paths- where you choose between 4 different areas to rescue 4 different crew members.
Areas:

• Conveyors (Easy)  :viridian:
  • Gravity Lines (Medium)  :verdigris:
  • Warping (Hard)   :vitellary:
  • Spikes (Expert)  :vermillion:
Please leave any comments below  :) but be nice as this is my first released map!
*1.1 Update- Fixed the almost impossible part in 'Be Prepared'
Screenshots:

Chara Dreemurr

Sorry, but making levels that are extremely hard is just plain bad.

mrytp

Don't worry- this level isn't too difficult.
There are a few difficulty spikes in some levels but the map is not that hard :viridian:

Sasha_Waters

Looks fun, I've already beaten the easy path with all trinkets. Doesn't seem too hard, I'll continue playing and give critique later.

Ally 🌠

Quote from: Chara Dreemurr on December 22, 2016, 06:02:43 PM
Sorry, but making levels that are extremely hard is just plain bad.
Only bad because you can't beat them.

Sasha_Waters

At the end of the Medium area, there is no way to get out. There are a couple things about this map that are a little sloppy, but this is the biggest, because there is no way to beat the game this way, unless you do the Medium area last. Please to fix.

Lollipop

The room Line Zip has a random floating block, and it also involves use of a glitch (same for room Time Rip), which i wouldn't recommend. There's also alot of single tiled walls, which are generally frowned upon. The use of multiple enemies in blocks is also something that isnt very graphically appealing, and could be remedied by some walls and spikes. Floating checkpoints are also a no-no. You have a checkpoint on a disappearing block in the room Don't Stop, and it crashed my game.

Quote from: Sasha_Waters on December 22, 2016, 08:12:11 PM
At the end of the Medium area, there is no way to get out. There are a couple things about this map that are a little sloppy, but this is the biggest, because there is no way to beat the game this way, unless you do the Medium area last. Please to fix.

I had no problems getting out, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Sasha_Waters

Quote from: Lollipop on December 22, 2016, 09:18:03 PM
Well, I don't know how you got out. There is, and I counted, I made sure, I have double checked... The blue shaft you fall down to get out of the Medium area has a part where the spikes are two high, not three, making it impossible to get under them and thus exit the area.

Cyclops

Quote from: Sasha_Waters on December 22, 2016, 09:57:05 PM
Well, I don't know how you got out. There is, and I counted, I made sure, I have double checked... The blue shaft you fall down to get out of the Medium area has a part where the spikes are two high, not three, making it impossible to get under them and thus exit the area.
It is possible to get out when the spikes are 2 high -- you have to do tiny, short taps on the arrow keys, inching your way up to the edge, and it is pretty much a matter of luck whether you can get them short enough for Viridian to fall off without touching the spike. I like the level as a whole, but this part with the spikes is bad level design.

Lollipop

Quote from: Sasha_Waters on December 22, 2016, 09:57:05 PM
Quote from: Lollipop on December 22, 2016, 09:18:03 PM

Oh, it is, but somehow I did it properly the first time???

mrytp

Quote from: Sasha_Waters on December 22, 2016, 08:12:11 PM
Sorry about that. I edited this part right before I finished the map so I hadn't really tested it properly. I'll release a 1.1 version which fixes this