Introduce yourself

Started by Davoo, January 06, 2010, 11:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joniho

Quote from: StephenM3 on January 10, 2010, 06:44:09 PM
Quote from: increpare on January 10, 2010, 06:06:07 PMTrivia:  Do you know that Terry made a game last summer that he's refused to release to the public, even though it's totally finished?
!!!!!!
8) 8) 8)

Josiah Tobin

Hey! I'm Josiah. I'm either a musician, audio engineer, pixel artist or game designer, depending on what I'm working on when I'm asked what it is that I do. I've done music for Terry on a couple occasions, the most recent one being Squish.

I make indie games-- but when no one's looking, I put on spectacles and a fake mustache and work on commercial iPhone games to pay the rent. ;)

I've known of Terry since the QuickBasic days ("Chaotic Harmony" I believe he went by?), but only really started to take notice of his games when he started developing them full time. Big fan of Don't Look Back, Pathways, Judith, etc... VVVVVV is significant blip on my radar. :)

All the links to my stuff are in my signature so I'll avoid dumping them here as well.

~Josiah

increpare

Quote from: joniho on January 10, 2010, 06:46:03 PM
Quote from: StephenM3 on January 10, 2010, 06:44:09 PM
Quote from: increpare on January 10, 2010, 06:06:07 PMTrivia:  Do you know that Terry made a game last summer that he's refused to release to the public, even though it's totally finished?
!!!!!!
8) 8) 8)

Really: you should mail him and ask him to release it, or maybe include it in VVVVVV special edition.

VAgentZero

Jim here, full-time web developer for an insurance agency (woo), free-time crappy game developer and aficionado.  Huge design, probability, and systems twink.  Bowing to Mr. Cavanagh's superior knowledge and body of work.

Also run a sparsely-updated, crappy design and theory blog.

Applekid

Another "boring full-time software developer" here, Erik. I read Terry's interview the other day and the story about quitting to make games his life is very inspiring! I always wanted to be a game developer but I never quite seem to get the time to push something functional out. I'd give that technique a try if I wasn't afraid I STILL wouldn't be able to get anything functional out.  :(

sergio

SpindleyQ

Hello, I'm Jeremy, and I run Glorious Trainwrecks Dot Com, home of the Klik of the Month Klub, a monthly two-hour game jam that Terry has participated in from time to time.  I believe that anyone who feels like it can and should make games, so long as they have the right tools and a sense of humour about the whole thing -- that's what my site is all about.

Still waiting for Maverick Bus 3D.

Overboy

Hi, I'm Andrew and I make games and I like VVVVVV.  :viridian: 

Shasharala

I'm currently a student attending a community college for my fourth year and finally I hope I'm all set to transfer.  I have been studying computer science with a capacity for programming, leaning towards gaming.  I havn't made any real big games but I am hoping to make some soon with a friend who is a graphic artist.
I'm not sure if I'll continue my current studies in computer science because of some difficulties with the math requirements, but we'll see.
I've been following Terry since Xoldiers and since then he's one of my favorite indie developers.  I check back frequently.

Kitoari

Quote from: Overboy on January 18, 2010, 10:51:51 AM
Hi, I'm Kitoari and I make games and I like VVVVVV.  :viridian: 
Andddd that's pretty much it here too.

Sakura-Sun

Well, better than nothing.

My name is Sara (I go under the name Sakura), and I am a fan of the game VVVVVV.
I first came across it when I watched a video from a podcast highlight clip on YouTube, the 4PlayerPodcast.
Later on, one of my friends had an icon of Viridian on her Skype, where I soon learned of the game's name.

Later I got the game. I played it, played it again in Flip mode, then later again in normal mode acheiving all the trinkets.
And let me tell you: I love the game so much. Terry you are awesome.

Anyways, I am an amateur music maker, and a fanart-making person, along with some originals.

And I hope to make alot of friends.  :viridian:

Whirligig

I go by Whirligig and not my actual first name.  :P
You may have seen me on some other forums (Game Maker, Marble Blast, etc.)

Mushyrulez

...Well, I'm Mushyrulez and I can't do anything.
:verdigris:

jivan

Hello everyone....
I  think if we give a try than anyone can make video games.

jivan

Hello everyone....i am jivan.