VVVVVV Scripting Help

Started by Ally 🌠, March 06, 2017, 03:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

Yeah, the say(2) is supposed to be say(11). As for Verdigris' location, it just requires changing the coordinates a bit.

You can also use Ved's internal scripting mode to not have to manually insert lines with say(-1)/say(x) and text(1,0,0,4). All you need to do is create a load script, because it uses a different internal scripting method:

Code (createverdigris_load) Select
iftrinkets(0,createverdigris)

Code (createverdigris - with internal scripting mode enabled) Select
createcrewman(112,0,green,1,faceplayer)
squeak(green)
text(green,0,0,1)
Captain! Help!
position(green,above)
speak_active
squeak(player)
text(player,0,0,1)
What's wrong?
position(player,above)
speak_active

(Besides, you can also use color names instead of numbers in text commands)

WoodStuff

Quote from: Dav999 on March 12, 2017, 01:14:11 PM
Yeah, the say(2) is supposed to be say(11). As for Verdigris' location, it just requires changing the coordinates a bit.

You can also use Ved's internal scripting mode to not have to manually insert lines with say(-1)/say(x) and text(1,0,0,4). All you need to do is create a load script, because it uses a different internal scripting method:

Code (createverdigris_load) Select
iftrinkets(0,createverdigris)

Code (createverdigris - with internal scripting mode enabled) Select
createcrewman(112,0,green,1,faceplayer)
squeak(green)
text(green,0,0,1)
Captain! Help!
position(green,above)
speak_active
squeak(player)
text(player,0,0,1)
What's wrong?
position(player,above)
speak_active

(Besides, you can also use color names instead of numbers in text commands)

what ved internal scripting mode?

Dav999

WoodStuff

int.sc mode in ved is just like simplified scripting with the internal scripting commands?

moth 🦋

Quote from: WoodStuff on March 12, 2017, 04:52:30 PM
int.sc mode in ved is just like simplified scripting with the internal scripting commands?
yeah just use internal scripts the way you'd use simplified scripts

WoodStuff

ok thanks will try it out

EDIT: i need a script to go to room 8,18, i already figured out how to do it, it teleports me to the correct room BUT i dont know what is doing this but i get teleported also in a block and get out of bounds, position 2,3

QwertymanO07

gotoroom() only changes your room, so if your position correlates to a solid tile in the room you're going to, you'll just end up inside of it.  You need gotoposition(x,y,0) just after gotoroom() to teleport within a room.  As for how you're ending up in (2,3), check if there's another teleporter in (8,18).

WoodStuff

what teleporter? and i am using gotoroom() for a dead end where if you exit it, you will be taken to a different room than you entered the dead end with

QwertymanO07

By "teleporter", I just mean anything that can teleport you, like a warp token or another gotoroom() script.

WoodStuff

no, in 8,18 there is no script, game saved teleporter or warp token

fraZ0R

Is there any in room 7,17? 0 based indexing

WoodStuff

not either, it is just like the blue room in space station with 3 passages, the lower one leading to the trinket, 7,17 is a flipped version of it, so nope

fraZ0R

fraZ0R