VVVVVV Dimension Planning Sheet

Started by Mr. Vector, March 13, 2017, 08:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Vector

Hi. I'm "Mr. Vector", and I have created this printable planning sheet for all the VVVVVV level developers out there!

Features:

• An empty map in which you can color, make annotations, and anything you need!
  • The positions of all the enemies for the createentity(x,y,1,dir,spd) internal scripting command
  • Blanks to name your dimension, write the author, the description and the website
  • You can create a legend and color the different parts of your level: space station, lab, warp zone, etc.

So here you have it - no more trial-and-error to find out how to make your level. Plan it. Use my planning sheet. Take notes. Color it. Print it. Do whatever you want and plan your masterpiece!

Note: the Super Gravitron room is at (20,9) and should appear on the sheet

Big thanks for TheRealGDColon by providing the enemy map information to the forums!
I have completed it with the 10 types of enemies which you can place directly onto the level (this may not sound useful, but if you want the box enemy on a room you may get another thing instead), as well as the colors of each enemy.

QwertymanO07

I usually just use Ved for planning.

Mr. Vector

Quote from: QwertymanO07 on March 13, 2017, 09:40:25 PM
I usually just use Ved for planning.

You can use the Level Notepad in Ved, that's perfectly fine.

However, if you want a quick map template, I offer this.

Also, Ved does not have a enemy map reference for createentity(x,y,1,dir,spd), so you can use this as a complement for Ved. Anyway, that's up to you.

Bruce Michez

Great minds think alike?  I used a sheet like this for all three of my levels, plus in each case a list of script names, flags, trinket locations and a plot summary.

AlexINF

Info Teddy

you forgot to label the super gravitron room at (20,9). it's hardcoded to always warp around in a special way that you can't even spawn entities offscreen there and you can't remove the warp at all.

Info Teddy

i'm actually wrong on being unable to remove the warp--just use a warp line lmao

the super gravitron room should still be documented somewhere though because it will still annoy people