VVVVVV: The New Adventure! [1.0 RELEASED]

Started by weee50, March 20, 2017, 01:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weee50

Although it seems like you can only do Viridian with this trick, and he's kinda stuck following your exact movements instead of doing what an Intermission 1 crewmate would do.

fraZ0R

How about you make a level using this accidental discovery!

lol...ipops2

who else has used createentity(0,hfjhuhu,uhguh,uhgduhg,uhguhgu)
to make a cloning machine?

Ally 🌠

Are people still talking about entity 0
It's just the player object
Never use it in levels
You can't even remove it

fraZ0R

Meanwhile I'm working on making a level that showcases all of the entity 18 colors. All in one room. In one map.

KingCaptain

Great job on the level! The two color zone was my favorite! I came across a bug or two, so I decided to fully bug test it, and this is everything I found:

Gravity Bounce Mark II: Random block right above gravity line near left side

Crash Landing: Flipping down from that room doesn't always change the music back, and the same thing sometimes happens on gnidnaL hsarC

Spiked Money: Missing backround tile near top right

Well, Maybe It Is: Spike missing on top left allowing the player to fall down and filp up to the trinket without doing the room

This Isn't How It Is: It's possible to flip up to the next room as you activate the cutscene causing Vitellary's statement "This looks like the first room in the Warpzone in dimension VVVVVV!" to not make sense

The Two-Color Zone: Same problem as Crash Landing

Injured End: If you go up through the gap on the top left you will get trapped in a wall, and have to reset

Doing It Twice: If you take the teleporters without using the terminal, then when you go back around you can't teleport out, and you have to reset

The ENTIRE Sea Level: You can see an upside-down Veridian on the bottom right of the screen for some reason

Without Them...: Double flip doesn't always flip fast enough to make it

Beginning The Ascent: Double flip doesn't flip fast enough to pass this room ever. The spikes would need to be higher

That's all I could find, and I'm looking forward to any future updates!  :viridian:

weee50

These problems are fixed in Beta 4 Revision 2.

weee50

Beta 5 is out!
The Stign Ship, that was unintentionally leaked in the previous version, is now officially out.
I also added a few refinements.

KingCaptain

Great job on Beta 5! I found a couple more bugs, but much less than last time. Looking forward to the final version!  :viridian:

Verdigris section: If you press R to reset in the same room you picked up a checkpoint, when you come back to life you will look like Veridian   

The Sea Level: If you save in the level then close the game, when you re-open it you can't double flip

A New Type of Gravitron: You die instantly upon entering from the bottom, unless you hold right

Section after Continuing the Ascent: If you die at all, you come back as Veridian

Half And Half: On the Stign side, there is a missing backround tile by the spikes on the top left

Trinket Scoreboard: Same as Half And Half, but the missing tile is on the bottom right

weee50

For the first one, I can't really fix that without using a lot of scripts and I want to keep my script counter at 69
For the second one, I added ways to "backtrack" without using double flips, so you at least won't get stuck in the zone.
For the third one, that was kinda intentional, even though it is cheap difficulty. At least it's (one of the) only one(s)!
For the fourth one, I just forgot to remove a debug checkpoint :P
And the fifth and sixth ones were also fixed in Beta 5 Revision 1!

weee50

Beta 6 is out! The whole map is now filled, and you can actually win the level! Think of this version as "feature-complete", but not necessarily "bug-free".

EDIT: Beta 6 Rev 1 actually makes the Final Level accessible.

takeshi14121990

weee50

The level is officially OUT OF BETA!
But it's not in the 1.0 update yet.
Think of this as a pre-release version, as one point minus one.
If any bugfixes have to come out before 1.0, I'll just mark them as "1.-1.1" or similar.

Another big announcement for this level is that it has been renamed from VVVVVV 2: The New Adventure to just VVVVVV: The New Adventure.

weee50

WoodStuff

but your status still says "VVVVVV 2"

(sorry if it isn't a status lol)

EDIT: found bug, just wanted to do something, and i found this bug by accident: when i got to the first outside room (yellow), and died (pressed r), the lab instead of predestined fate played passion for exploring (sorry again if it isn't the song for outside, i'm not 10/10 at vvvvvv songs)

EDIT 2: (so many edits) text in terminal typo: at last lab room (red, Trinket Barrier) the last message says "Rec[ie]ved" when it should be "Received"

EDIT 3: (wow edits) i can't backtrack from interjection intersection, help?