HHHHHH (+Dimension Colour Update)

Started by mrytp, April 17, 2017, 11:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrytp

Dimension Colour Update:
I have finished making the level but I still need to test it altogether and fix bugs / make finishing touches. It will probably be released within the next 2 weeks.

In the map, the crew are getting used to power dimension colour
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HHHHHH
Trinkets: 2 easy ones
Rooms: 25 as usual
Crew:
Han Blue :viridian:
Honeycomb :vitellary:
Heart :vermillion:
Honolulu Blue :victoria:
Hunter Green :verdigris:
Hot Pink :violet:

Screenshots:

P.S. I need room name ideas for IIIIII. I've started making it and I'm struggling to come up with much words beginning with I

WoodStuff

fraZ0R

I'll help you with the roomnames for IIIIII. Iodine. Infinite. Info . Illness. Integer Overflow (Does that count as I , or O?). Illusion. Imitate. Imagination. Interesting (For a room with a trinket). Icy. Impossible (For a very hard room). Italics. Idea. Indent. Internal. Inferno. Infringement. Intimidating. i (as in the complex number that is the square root of negative one). Italy. Incognito. Invisible. Invincible. Inside-out. If. Intro. Isolation.

WoodStuff

fraZ0R

Iota , ivory , incredible , infuriating , influenza.

WoodStuff

cheesefactory

Not to be mean or anything, but it really should be up to Mrytp to decide the room names for a level defined by room names.

mrytp

Quote from: cheesefactory on April 17, 2017, 02:30:28 PM
Not to be mean or anything, but it really should be up to Mrytp to decide the room names for a level defined by room names.
I said at the end of the post that I needed ideas for room names.

Quote from: mrytp on April 17, 2017, 11:31:44 AM

P.S. I need room name ideas for IIIIII. I've started making it and I'm struggling to come up with much words beginning with I

uugr

(I don't have any ideas for IIIIII that haven't already been posted , but I do have some HHHHHH feedback!)

This one felt rushed to me. It had some neat ideas but it was unpolished and didn't have any particularly impressive Direct Mode like FFFFFF did. There were a number of single tiles (plus a misplaced tile in 'Hand'), and one of my favorite parts of your levels (the crewmate rooms) were more empty and uninteresting than usual. The fourth area in particular just seemed lazy and rushed. 'Honolulu Blue' and 'Helium Balloons' were the only ones that struck me as particularly nice looking, and the trinkets were just... eugh.

I'm not doing bullet-point feedback to the extent that I normally do, but there were 2 rooms that seemed particularly bad to me:

- 'Horrible' was, well, horrible. I died about 50 times throughout the level, and about 40 of them were on this room. It's such an absurd spike up in difficulty compared to the rest of the level, and it isn't even a trinket challenge!
- 'Hammer Throw' was ugly. Like, REALLY ugly. It wasn't even a clever challenge, there are so many better things to do with warp lines than just a spike path.

There wasn't anything else about this level that was actually BAD; mostly just mediocre. This level could've been a whole lot better with just a little more effort put in, and I know from FFFFFF that you can do better.

Dimension Color looks really cool, though. Looking forward to it! is that why this level is low-quality because you put every actual good idea in dimension color probably

WoodStuff

and a REALLY future room name idea for VVVVVV (not main game, your VVVVVV): Vine

Duckman50001

Incubation, Interior, Igloo, Iguana( :verdigris:'s room), Intermission, Icy( :viridian:'s room), Intelegent( :vitellary:'s room)

cheesefactory

Even though Mrytp disagrees with me, I still believe that it is his job and his alone to come up with room names. The room names are the best part of his levels, the reason why they stand out. Without his original room names, these levels aren't nearly as exiting. When I play his levels, I am most interested in seeing how he integrates the room design with the given letter. If other people are choosing room names, suddenly IIIIII will become a community level, not Mrytp's. (I apologize to Mrytp if I incorrectly assumed his gender.)

Well, that was a long rant. Am I alone? Do you see where I'm coming from?

weee50

For PPPPPP, you could name some rooms after the game's soundtrack.

pattoo1234

cheesefactory

QuoteDon't worry about 'assuming my gender' I'm not one of those weird 'non-binary' people who 'dont have a gender'

Oh, I just didn't know if you were a boy or girl... but now I do.