Core Retrieval

Started by uugr, May 21, 2017, 05:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uugr

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
This level contains
TOO MUCH DIALOGUE

CORE RETRIEVAL - the new level by uugr, famous mildly known for his incredible basically ok work of divinely-inspired art 20x20 snoozefest map, Dimension WWW! (and also courage test, the level that nobody played :victoria:)

Core Retrieval is pretty small - only 5x5 - but it's VERY densely packed, with many secrets and optional dialogue paths to find. The level is also chock-full of hilarious cringey dialogue, with >=1 script in each of the 25 rooms. Whether this counts as a positive or negative feature is up to the interpretation of the viewer.

In this transcendental masterpiece level, Viridian must explore the bowels of his ship in order to find the core and bring it back to his crew for, like, maintenance or something. Along the way, Viridian will encounter many of the spikes that seem to follow him wherever he goes, a few decoy cores that cry out to be collected (even with no benefit to doing so), and be constantly assisted/distracted by the omnipresent intercom and his gregarious crewmate, Vermilion. Will you be able to reach the core before Vermilion gets fed up by the whims of a player as fickle and easily distracted as you? Only one way to find out!

Feedback is greatly despised appreciated.

Joshua

Quote from: uugr on May 21, 2017, 05:32:48 PM
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
This level contains
TOO MUCH DIALOGUE

I don't think so.
I liked how this level relied mostly on dialogue.

pixelator

Okay, this level was hilarious. I liked it a lot.

However, the way back after getting the core is a bit too tight of a squeeze for me, maybe you should fix that. I barely made it through the last part.

moth 🦋

repeatedly dying at the beginning omf

uugr

Quote from: Mr. PixelatorOkay, this level was hilarious. I liked it a lot.

Thank you very much!  :viridian:

Quote from: Mr. PixelatorHowever, the way back after getting the core is a bit too tight of a squeeze for me, maybe you should fix that.

Hmm. Alright, but I'm not sure where the point you're talking about is. Could you give a screenshot?

pixelator

Quote from: uugr on May 23, 2017, 12:50:07 AM
Hmm. Alright, but I'm not sure where the point you're talking about is. Could you give a screenshot?

THIS jump that Viridian's facing towards is way too hard to get past on the way back. You might want to tweak it a bit to be like the ones before it.

Oh and BTW, I replayed the level and discovered what happens if you die repeatedly at the beginning, and that's really funny as well. I'm surprised you even made that many scripts for something the player might never do.

cheesefactory

QuoteOh and BTW, I replayed the level and discovered what happens if you die repeatedly at the beginning, and that's really funny as well. I'm surprised you even made that many scripts for something the player might never do.

Good Job! One secret found, 99999999 to go...

uugr

I've updated the level and the top spike in 'The Final Challenge?' has been removed.

EDIT: Updated it again to add the Direct Mode back in.