[PREVIEW]336699

Started by TheEnderCast, June 18, 2017, 04:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEnderCast

Hey guys :)
Ive been working on a level with four main zones, a pretty large map, 20x20. I wanted to post a preview to the first area.
There are a couple of bugs, but otherwise its good. Also if you beat the challenge in the purple zone. GG (I dont even know if its possible)

336699 is the level, for the ranging difficulty.

Give any feedback or cool mechanics I should use in the next areas.

moth 🦋

welcome to distractionware!

usually I just say I'll play a level and never do, but I've been getting back into VVVVVV recently so I'm coming at you with a bug report!

You can get stuck in Crushing II, try to have consistent floor and ceiling heights to prevent this.

the delays in Leaving are way too long, I'd recommend shortening them

In Outside, you should just add a ceiling instead of telling the player not to flip (You can also get stuck in Crushing II from here as well)

in Running From Love viridian can get stuck and repeatedly killed by the heart, so maybe remove the top heart to prevent this

I'd have tested the challenge in the purple zone but I haven't played in quite a while so I'm a little rusty  :P

Viridan

certainly one of the better levels we've received in a while. reminds me of vertex vortex. i have a few complaints though:

• even without the wall clipping, the leap from Crushing I to Crushing II isn't all that fair, since you can't see where the other platform is. i'd recommend you place another disappearing platform in Crushing I on the left edge of the screen, right next to the one in Crushing II
  • i suggest you remove the spikes super close to the gravity lines in Flipping Round
  • it's safe to say you can just ditch the Very Difficult challenge. if you can't beat it yourself, that's a big sign that it's BS.
and everything shiny said.

TheEnderCast

Thanks guys :)

Ill update these things and Im going to release another preview when I have almost finished, for final report. :)

lol...ipops2

Actually, keep the difficult challenge. It's fun to have a bragging rights reward.

Viridan

Quote from: LeLolofPopses on June 19, 2017, 02:15:09 PM
Actually, keep the difficult challenge. It's fun to have a bragging rights reward.
unless getting all the trinkets actually unlocks something.

TheEnderCast

Im still working on this, and by removing a few spike I made the challenge, hard, but possible. I might post another preview when I finish green zone.

SteveGamer68

When i was opening this in the level editor (i already completed the level) to see how i can get to the green zone, i don't know the green zone was still W.I.P (Working In Progress). After that,i decided to make some fix to most of the bugs.

Cos8o

You can't do "It get worse" because of the hitboxes, so it's pretty much impossible.