Lost In Time

Started by CreepiX, June 24, 2017, 11:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreepiX

Welp. Time for action!

For my comeback to VVVVVV I decided to make a small level so I can practice my level designing/scripting skills.
This level introduces time travelling (thanks to Sonic CD for sound effects and time posts' sprites). This means that the player will travel through different versions of the same level, and if they change something in the Past, Present and Future will be affected.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

This little level has got only Past and Present, and they do not change, however, this mechanic will be used and expanded in Abandoned Facility.

As for now, have fun and leave comments!  :viridian:

P. S. Make sure to backup your custom assets if you have any!

SteveGamer68

I didn't think it was that hard  :o

(EDIT: hard for me at least, because i left VVVVVV for quite a long time)

fraZ0R

I give you 5 stars for the concept alone , because it reminds me of one of my favorite zelda games , Oracle of ages.

moth 🦋

i tried to play this level but it was so painfully difficult I had to play it in the editor to actually get to the cool parts

maybe release an easier version for people who want to experience it without the brutal difficulty

CreepiX

Quote from: shiny k on June 25, 2017, 05:23:05 PM
i tried to play this level but it was so painfully difficult I had to play it in the editor to actually get to the cool parts

maybe release an easier version for people who want to experience it without the brutal difficulty
Done! Check the main post. If not counting the difficulty, what's your opinion on the level/concept/both?

moth 🦋

Quote from: CreepiX on June 26, 2017, 09:36:32 AM
Done! Check the main post. If not counting the difficulty, what's your opinion on the level/concept/both?
pretty interesting I'd say
fairly well executed as well, great job

SJMistery

Magnificent concept... but PLEASE add real checkpoints on the sections with script set-checkpoints. Sometimes not having a real checkpoint on those areas really hurts, especially when hunting for trinkets on the second time jump.

CreepiX

Quote from: SJMistery on June 26, 2017, 08:56:37 PM
Magnificent concept... but PLEASE add real checkpoints on the sections with script set-checkpoints. Sometimes not having a real checkpoint on those areas really hurts, especially when hunting for trinkets on the second time jump.
I'll note that when developing Abandoned Facility. Thanks for the feedback!