"Line Wrap" by Rox

Started by Rox, July 26, 2011, 10:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rox

My second level, a fair bit more substantial and thematic than Roadtrip. An experiment in partial screen wrapping turned into a full blown warpfest with this one. I ended up making it digitally themed sort of by happenstance; I like to think of it as an unplanned trip into a computer! I honestly wish I would've done more with the idea of using disappearing platforms to unlock or redirect enemies, but this level's finished now... That concept is up to you to explore further if you feel like it!

Tell me what you think of this one! Did you find both of the trinkets?

Terry

Like I mentioned in the blog post, this is definitely my favourite of your levels! I love the second trinket, by the way :)

dvdmarc12

I'm sorry if I am extremely blind right now, but how do you download the level? :verdigris:

brog

This is one of the levels that comes with the game!

dvdmarc12

:o ... I feel drastically less intelligent now :(

TheoX

Good level! 

I never found the second trinket though!

Arkatox

Is this the level that had a room called "Firewall"? Because if so, it was extremely awesome and fun until that point.

Rox

Quote from: TheoX on July 28, 2011, 04:01:56 AM
Good level! 

I never found the second trinket though!

Thanks! It's not that hard to find, just spend a few more seconds looking around.

Quote from: Arkatox on July 29, 2011, 06:44:21 PM
Is this the level that had a room called "Firewall"? Because if so, it was extremely awesome and fun until that point.

Sure is. Care to tell me what bugged you after Firewall? I didn't overdo it with What Comes Around, did I...? I must say my exercise in psychology paid out wonderfully when I finally got to see a couple of people trying to solve that room, though...

Arkatox

No, it was the room Firewall itself that bugged me. I probably just didn't see some secret to getting past those things, but... I've gotten pretty darn close by trying to run through. That can't be the actual way to do it, can it?

Rox

Quote from: Arkatox on July 29, 2011, 08:17:46 PM
No, it was the room Firewall itself that bugged me. I probably just didn't see some secret to getting past those things, but... I've gotten pretty darn close by trying to run through. That can't be the actual way to do it, can it?
Not at all. Try backtracking!

Arkatox

I did, but I didn't see anything I could do there either.

Now I feel special, because a couple times I got a couple pixels away from getting somewhere the wrong way. :D I don't think it's possible to succeed, though.

I think I'll restart from the beginning then and see if I can beat it.

Arkatox

Okay, now that's weird. In the past when I backtracked I went into the room before. Glitch or something?

Arkatox

Sorry for triple posting, but I just finished the level, and it was awesome! Got both trinkets. ;D

Also, a certain misplaced platform saved my life. Was that supposed to be there?

Rox

Yep, that little single-block platform isn't meant to be there. A friend of mine found it, as well. I've fixed that for an eventual future patch. The problem is that single tiles in a couple of the tilesets end up being completely black, and that makes it fairly easy to miss when you're roughly scribbling in an environment like I did in that area. Easy way to check for them in the current version of the editor is to switch to another tileset, then back again.

Samushighwind

Yeah, I'm stuck in "What Goes Around" and I have no idea how to get out