Like If You Came to VVVVVV from GD youtubers

Started by DubstVne, December 01, 2017, 02:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DubstVne

I know its a hard question, if you just found VVVVVV from something else, then say in the comments: "found it somewhere else." BTW I came from razing717 because he rages and its funny  :viridian: PS: I know you cant like forum posts.

moth 🦋

i found it on the 3ds eshop 5 years ago back in 2012

allison

I got curious when I saw Viridian in Super Meat Boy

uugr

I first played the demo on Kongregate back in 2011, I think. I bought the full version for $15, which was kind of a waste of money in hindsight, but it was still my favorite game for a pretty long time.

Dav999

I came across the video "THE HARDEST GAME YOU WILL EVER PLAY." in 2011, I think it was on the YouTube frontpage, or otherwise it might have been a recommended video.

Joshua

While watching videos of a bunch of random games on YouTube, it recommended a Video about a game titled VVVVVV, so I watched it because I wanted to see what game would have such a stupid title.
So I played the demo got to "Brass sent us under the top", later I tried it again and got to "A Difficult Chord". Resulting in me just watching a Lets Play of it on YouTube, but now I wanted to play the Gravitron so I played the demo for a third time and finished it this time.
Yeah, the Gravitron wasn't in there, now back then buying games especially online was annoying for me because I always had to ask someone for it. Instead I tried to program the gravitron on my calculator, where it ran at 1 frame every 2 to 3 seconds, on a display that could only show 21x7 characters.
Later I could buy it when I figured out that Steam Cards are a thing.
Also I tried the above mentioned again in Java.

Peridot

I Found the game while browsing through the 3DS eShop. It was bound to happen, too. Back when I twelve I would spend hours browsing the eShop for games I might like. Ah memories!

TheMediocreToOkayGatsby

i didnt know what i was doing and somehow made my way to a pirated download
it crashed alot but at least i made lots of levels
bad ones
then i discovered steam and bought it there
then i just went from there

moth 🦋

Quote from: Gawne 2.0 on December 04, 2017, 12:59:38 AM
I Found the game while browsing through the 3DS eShop. It was bound to happen, too. Back when I twelve I would spend hours browsing the eShop for games I might like. Ah memories!
yeah exactly i loved doing that

Peridot

As awesome as VVVVVV was on the 3DS, I was moderately disappointed that a level editor never made it into that version... Though that didn't stop me from sinking 40+ hours on it...

A level editor for 3DS would probably be pretty bad but at the same time it'd be kind of cool lol

I found VVVVVV by browsing steam during a Christmas sale. I bought it and got to Driller and couldn't figure out how to get past it so I gave up for a month. I tried again, and well, here I am.

Peridot

Like they could use the touch screen to place down blocks and use L and R to switch through the different blocks. Similar uses of the touch screen were done with games like Terraria 3DS and I think Minecraft, too. Though internal coding just wouldn't work on the 3DS... like imagine using a stylus to type one character at a time -_-

But yeah, in retrospect it made sense it never made it on the 3DS.

Info Teddy

someone randomly gifted the game to me on STEAM

Peridot

Quotesomeone randomly gifted the game to me on STEAM

Who ever that was is legit the real MVP. Not only for gifting you VVVVVV but actually gifting you something.

fraZ0R

Found the game in a list of some 3ds indie eshop games... in of all things... a nintendo power magazine.
Yeah remember when those were still being made?