Starting a Level Contest!

Started by Chorodo, January 09, 2018, 12:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chorodo

The deadline has been reached! Thank you for those who participated. :) [We only got one finished entry smh.]  :verdigris:

moth 🦋

Quote from: syminoK on January 09, 2018, 12:17:36 AM

• Your level must have internal scripting, or it will be immediately disqualified.
I forgot to add something. If your level doesn't include I.S, it won't be disqualified but it will take away -2 points.
some rules need a bit or clarifying, here. if you don't use internal scripting will you be disqualified or will you lose 2 points?
but also, what counts as internal scripting?
if i include only one internal script that uses gotoroom and all of the other scripts are simplifed, does that count?
what if i make every script in internal scripting with lots of complex cutscenes?
will those two both not lose any points/be disqualified?
i feel like using internal shouldn't be required, and that the scripting should be judged in how well it's used
if a level only uses simplified but it uses it in a way that is well executed and enjoyable to play, it might be unfair that it'd lose some points

...oof, that was a bit of a rant heh
otherwise, i think that this contest might be fun, maybe i'll join, who knows?
(also, welcome to distractionware, probably should have said that like a month ago but oh well)

Peridot

I've been wanting to make a level in VVVVVV for I think six years now and I've yet to even start a level. So I might join, too.

Though like how shiny said, I think it's rather asinine that your level MUST include internal scripting. That cuts a lot of people out of this contest already if we're talking about Dware by itself. And considering the lack of (active) members around here, I'm not sure if absolutely needing I.S is exactly a fair rule, per se...

But that's just my humble opinion. So it's still your contest, your rules :P

KingCaptain

I agree with shiny and Gawne, and I think that I.S shouldn't be required. I think a better idea would be to have I.S be worth extra points, which would allow a lot more participants to enter, and create a better incentive to try to learn I.S. (Of course this is all just my opinion, and you're free to do as you please.)

There's a level I've been working on every once-and-a-while for the past half a year, and I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out. If I finish it in time I'll submit it to this contest.

Chorodo

Quote from: shiny k on January 09, 2018, 03:01:05 PM

• Your level must have internal scripting, or it will be immediately disqualified.
I forgot to add something. If your level doesn't include I.S, it won't be disqualified but it will take away -2 points.
some rules need a bit or clarifying, here. if you don't use internal scripting will you be disqualified or will you lose 2 points?
but also, what counts as internal scripting?
if i include only one internal script that uses gotoroom and all of the other scripts are simplifed, does that count?
what if i make every script in internal scripting with lots of complex cutscenes?
will those two both not lose any points/be disqualified?
i feel like using internal shouldn't be required, and that the scripting should be judged in how well it's used
if a level only uses simplified but it uses it in a way that is well executed and enjoyable to play, it might be unfair that it'd lose some points

...oof, that was a bit of a rant heh
otherwise, i think that this contest might be fun, maybe i'll join, who knows?
(also, welcome to distractionware, probably should have said that like a month ago but oh well)
Thank you, and I will edit the rules.  :viridian:

Lollipop

Duckman50001

I remember when i failed to make a level contest

Chorodo

TheMediocreToOkayGatsby

i wanna prove my level making abilities so im in

uugr

Can I reuse my half-finished level from Duckman's contest and submit it here instead?

If so, I'm in.

Chorodo

Quote from: uugr on January 10, 2018, 09:25:47 PM
Can I reuse my half-finished level from Duckman's contest and submit it here instead?

If so, I'm in.
yes

Ally 🌠

I'll join!~
I kinda need a break from working on Aftermath, to be honest!

moth 🦋

if i can use custom graphics i'll do it

Chorodo

Chorodo

Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on January 10, 2018, 09:57:57 PM
I'll join!~
I kinda need a break from working on Aftermath, to be honest!
Kiwi, if you wanna do that thing where you insert your gammaplay on the thread then you can.