"Blue's Adventure" (v5.4) by Franz24 [Complete]

Started by Franz24, July 27, 2011, 02:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xOnixic

Ok. Overall nice level. I got to the bit with the girl but gave up as that dissolve bit was hard lol. Speaking of hard i'm making Kaizo Viridian!

Franz24

Quote from: xOnixic on July 29, 2011, 12:04:07 PM
Ok. Overall nice level. I got to the bit with the girl but gave up as that dissolve bit was hard lol. Speaking of hard i'm making Kaizo Viridian!
You only have to jump once there, and wait for the right moment. If you know how to do it it's really easy!
Thanks a lot for all the comments, and I'm gonna try your level as soon as it's finished! :)

xOnixic

Good luck. :). Some bits are almost impossible but some bits are easy. I'm not going to start the story driven level i have planned until i know how to script fully :).

Franz24

Update:
Chapter 4 is done! I put a lot of work in it, so I hope it´s good enough!
Now working on the big and epic* final chapter, Chapter 5!

*actually one screen smaller than the other chapters.

TheoX

Rating #007
Enjoyment: 10/10
Aesthetics: 6/10
Novelty: 10/10
Difficulty: 5/10
Room Names: N/A

This is great!!  A charming little story, and good gameplay to boot; kinda challenging at some parts, but nothing too tough.  The cutscenes are extremely amusing, and I liked the part where you removed the spikes after getting the trinket.  Found one RAE (Room Alignment Error) in the Mario chapter, attached.  You can bounce far enough down to go in the walls.

TheoX

Completed chapter 4!  Your story is becoming very intriguing.  This one was harder, I think a couple more save points would be nice, at least in the beginning of every room (this is not the case in only one or two rooms).

EDIT: Terry should totally feature this when it's done.

Ice

Some weird thing happened in chapter 1 for me where the gravity lines just disappeared without me getting the trinket. I ended up getting it anyways, but you might wanna look into that.

Shuhasu

Very fun level! saving people is indeed not the only way to get friends  :viridian:

Franz24

Quote from: TheoX on July 29, 2011, 11:30:07 PM
Rating #007
Enjoyment: 10/10
Aesthetics: 6/10
Novelty: 10/10
Difficulty: 5/10
Room Names: N/A

This is great!!  A charming little story, and good gameplay to boot; kinda challenging at some parts, but nothing too tough.  The cutscenes are extremely amusing, and I liked the part where you removed the spikes after getting the trinket.  Found one RAE (Room Alignment Error) in the Mario chapter, attached.  You can bounce far enough down to go in the walls.

Thanks a lot! I really put a lot of work into this, and it's great to see that it's appreciated :)
I'll try and fix the Error as soon as possible!

EDIT: It should be fixed right now :)

Quote from: TheoX on July 29, 2011, 11:35:48 PM
Completed chapter 4!  Your story is becoming very intriguing.  This one was harder, I think a couple more save points would be nice, at least in the beginning of every room (this is not the case in only one or two rooms).

EDIT: Terry should totally feature this when it's done.

Thanks again, I thought I had placed a save point in every room, but I'll take another look and maybe add some new ones. I'll get chapter 5 done today! ;D

EDIT: You were right, I forgot one save point ^^ I've just added it and updated the download link ;)

Quote from: Ice on July 29, 2011, 11:52:05 PM
Some weird thing happened in chapter 1 for me where the gravity lines just disappeared without me getting the trinket. I ended up getting it anyways, but you might wanna look into that.

I thought I had fixed that already... but I'll take another look and see if I can reconstruct the bug!

Franz24

Update:
Finally, Chapter 5 is done!
And because this was the final chapter, the story is complete now!
Have fun playing everyone!
:viridian:

Ice

Wow uh...

That's some ending... :verdigris:

I only ran into one problem:

The bounding boxes for platforms/enemies aren't exact, and when you put them against walls, the enemy hits the wall before the edge of the box. Here, since one hits the edge and one doesn't, get bounce at different times. When I finally got over there, they were misaligned and I had no way of getting through, so I had to wait.

Franz24

Quote from: Ice on July 31, 2011, 01:25:59 AM
The bounding boxes for platforms/enemies aren't exact, and when you put them against walls, the enemy hits the wall before the edge of the box. Here, since one hits the edge and one doesn't, get bounce at different times. When I finally got over there, they were misaligned and I had no way of getting through, so I had to wait.
I removed the little wall there, so it should be alright now!
By the way, did you enjoy playing it?  :)

Ice

Quote from: Franz24 on July 31, 2011, 01:47:32 AM
Yeah, it was fun, and the whole story thing is a new spin. The chapter select screen is also a neat idea, I liked that.

Franz24

Quote from: Ice on July 31, 2011, 01:49:56 AM
Quote from: Franz24 on July 31, 2011, 01:47:32 AM
Yeah, it was fun, and the whole story thing is a new spin. The chapter select screen is also a neat idea, I liked that.
Thanks a lot, I'm planning on making my next level after the holiday (I'm going to France tomorrow, and I'll be back 19th of August) :)

ElementCoder

Very nice level. Not too hard, not too easy.
Rating:
Design: 8/10
Difficulty: 7/10
Story: 7/10
Overall: 8/10  :vitellary: