"Blue's Adventure" (v5.4) by Franz24 [Complete]

Started by Franz24, July 27, 2011, 02:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheoX

That was a weird ending.  :o

Nice scripting though!  And this whole thing was fun!

Arkatox

Ooh, it's complete now! Better go redownload/finish it. :viridian:

Franz24

Quote from: TheoX on July 31, 2011, 08:23:57 PM
That was a weird ending.  :o

Nice scripting though!  And this whole thing was fun!

Hehe I'm sorry, I had a lot of ideas (and I changed it a lot of times too) but I thought a plottwist would be nice ^^
And thanks, the scripting was really a lot of work so I'm glad you enjoyed it! ;)

Quote from: Arkatox on July 31, 2011, 08:42:51 PM
Ooh, it's complete now! Better go redownload/finish it. :viridian:
You should! And tell me what you think afterwards  :)

MIND LINK

Insani

Alright, lemme review this level.

First off, I loved the story, it was absolutely great. 9/10 on it. Loved the twist!

Secondly, it was pretty difficult! 8/10 on the difficulty, I guess. B)

Third off, I loved the level design, absolutely awesome. 9/10 on it.

Room names were okay, eh. 7/10.

All in all, I'd give it a 8 out of 10.  :)

thelocalpostman

The level was pretty fun, however I had a weird glitch that when I fell in a hole (chapter 3 - 2nd checkpoint), it took me to the end of the game.  Weird. Anyways, great job!

Franz24

Hey guys, I'm in an internetcafe in France at the moment, so I'll reply to your comments here and as soon as I get home I'll fix any bugs that are mentioned  :viridian:

Quote from: MIND LINK on August 01, 2011, 08:47:36 PM
It was... interesting. Good job.
Thanks, sorry for the weird ending ;)
Quote from: Insani on August 03, 2011, 05:30:49 AM
Alright, lemme review this level.

All in all, I'd give it a 8 out of 10. :)
Thanks for the praising review, I'm very glad that you enjoyed playing the level! ;D
Quote from: thelocalpostman on August 04, 2011, 09:41:44 PM
The level was pretty fun, however I had a weird glitch that when I fell in a hole (chapter 3 - 2nd checkpoint), it took me to the end of the game.  Weird. Anyways, great job!

I'm still on vacation at the moment so I can't look at it now, and but as soon as I'm home I'll try to fix the problem!

ElementCoder

Quote from: Franz24 on August 05, 2011, 08:10:38 AM
Hey guys, I'm in an internetcafe in France at the moment, so I'll reply to your comments here and as soon as I get home I'll fix any bugs that are mentioned  :viridian:

I'm still on vacation at the moment so I can't look at it now, and but as soon as I'm home I'll try to fix the problem!

I tried to recreate the problem and it only happens when you pass through the lower right corner. This is because the hole you enter is bigger than the hole you are 'teleported' to. This causes you to get stuck in the wall, and after that magically slide through the wall, thus ending up in the room above it, which is in this case the end.

Here you'll find an UNOFFICIAL release by me with the problem fixed:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24638666/Blue%27s%20Adventure.vvvvvv

Franz24

Quote from: ElementCoder on August 06, 2011, 03:39:14 PM
Quote from: Franz24 on August 05, 2011, 08:10:38 AM

I tried to recreate the problem and it only happens when you pass through the lower right corner. This is because the hole you enter is bigger than the hole you are 'teleported' to. This causes you to get stuck in the wall, and after that magically slide through the wall, thus ending up in the room above it, which is in this case the end.

Here you'll find an UNOFFICIAL release by me with the problem fixed:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24638666/Blue%27s%20Adventure.vvvvvv

Thanks! As soon as I'm home I'll make an official bugfix :)

mint301

I Let's Played this level. Here's part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtiAv6l32dw

Part 2 should be up tomorrow!  :viridian:

Franz24

Franz24

Quote from: mint301 on August 10, 2011, 07:49:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IateCxq8Dfg

Part 2

I've just watched both of them, it was a lot of fun to see someone playing my level!
I'm Dutch so please forgive my mistakes in the English language ;)
As soon as I'm back from holiday I'll fix them! :)

joek0

This was a great level. The story was fun to read. The difficulty was just right for me. The amount of checkpoints was perfect. Your level is my favorite non featured level so far. I think that Terry should consider featuring it.

FlamingBanana

I was slightly disturbed by the ending. But the level designs were very good. Quite short, though.