hey, name's Zephyr(ite), i'm new here!

Started by Zephyrite, October 04, 2018, 10:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrite

woah right away this place looks so different from that other mb xd and alot better!
for once ACTUAL USERNAMES THAT AREN'T JUST RANDOMLY GENERATED I ALREADY LOVE THIS SO MUCH!
ALSO APPARENTLY MULTIPLE PLACES TO PUT MESSAGES SO OFF TOPIC STUFF ISN'T LUMPED WITH ON TOPIC STUFF THIS IS AMAZING!
o hey what does this button dothis mb already has so much stuff wait i should be introducing myself shouldn't i
well i guess i kind of already have oops xd
this place is really cool wow
o and there's no obvious place where the rules are,
is there a mod post or smth with them?

Zephyrite

WOAH MY POST GOES THROUGH INSTANTLY?!
NO "POST BEING APPROVED BY MODERATORS" OR ANYTHING ELSE LIKE THAT?!
wow this place is amazing
but also confusing
how do i change my siggy

fraZ0R

Hello Zephyrite, welc--
you double posted already, and bumped a 7 year old post.
There is no way this can be a good si--
Wait I'm describing myself back when I first joined aren't I...
umm...
don't do that.
PLEASE.
DONT.
BUMP.
OLD.
THREADS.
EVER.
also, what's a siggy?

Zephyrite

woah that was a fast response
hey how do you have that image?
and how did you get your username like that?!
and what are all of those things next to your thingy?
also that was incredibly rude.
a siggy is a siggy.
what's a double post?
how is bumping bad? on the wof mb, bumping/poking/uping was used to revive dead threads, to make them active again. It was done all the time there.
And please call me Zephyr.
Not Zephyrite.
and please stop with the all caps ok

Zephyrite

once again, really glad this mb doesn't take forever for a post to go through

thanks mods and admins for making this mb be so good

fraZ0R

o no
its the new me
wait fuck i insulted myself again oops

Zephyrite

DID YOU JUST SWEAR?!
THATS IT IM REPORTING YOU CAN'T BELIEVE THE MODS LET THAT POST THROUGH...

fraZ0R

Dav999

Welcome to the forum!

The only real rules on this forum are to use common sense (don't misbehave, don't be a headache, don't make nonsense posts, and nothing's wrong, probably). We don't forbid swearing (unless it's excessive, of course) and we don't forbid posting links either (unless it's unwanted advertising). So you don't have to report posts for containing one swear word or a link!

That said, some things like posting twice in a row or bumping old topics for no reason is commonly frowned upon, but much of it falls under common sense, and we can always tell people.

uugr

Well I certainly just read a bunch of messages.

Welcome to the internet, Zephyrite! I can't tell what past era where it can be generally assumed that 'mb' stands for 'message board' and not 'my bad' you came from, or indeed one where people still call them 'message boards' and not 'forums', but I'm at least glad you managed to push your way through to the present day. Or possibly just 'out of 4chan', which is equally admirable in my book.

Distractionware doesn't have signatures, unfortunately (I assume that's what you're asking about). You can access your profile settings to add an avatar (the image to the left of the message) by mousing over 'profile' near the top of the page, then clicking 'account settings'. It should be pretty obvious what to do from there.

What's the "wof" message board? I assume it's an acronym for a game or something (or maybe /wof/ on 4chan, if you in fact AREN'T a time traveller), but I'm not sure what it's an acronym FOR.

A doublepost is when you post twice in a row in the same forum topic. You see, here in the magical world of the future/not 4chan, you can click 'edit' to change the content of a post, and it's generally considered polite to edit a post if no one else has replied to it yet, if you have something to say. It's less cluttered. I know, it's insane. We also have flying cars here (not really).

Bumping is a bit of a weird stigma on some forums that I'm not sure I'm on board with myself, but people don't like it if you post in really old topics for some reason - possibly also because of clutter. Either way, if you have something to say on an old topic that doesn't absolutely NEED to be in that topic, you can make a new topic for it.

There isn't currently reaaaally a main modpost with a list of rules or anything, as far as I know. Just use common sense and don't be a dick I guess.

Anyway, have fun in the magical year of 2018!

also rip dav posted while i was typing but nothing he said contradicted what i said so w/e

Ally 🌠

even though you seem a bit like a troll ill ignore that for now

Welcome!~
There's no real rules, except for "don't be annoying" and stuff.

These aren't really rules, but you should still follow them if you want others to like you???
-Don't double post, unless it's been a while. I know there's a lot of exceptions for this rule, but the main one is, if you double post just to reply to multiple things, or you post something that could easily just be in a message edit... maybe try editing the message?;
-Don't abuse marquees, I know they're cool and all but... just don't?;
-Don't bump old threads, unless you're adding something relevant and useful to the topic!

I think that's it.

Signatures are disabled! I don't remember why.

also rip dav and uugr posted while i was typing and a lot of what they said contradicted what i said but w/e

moth 🦋

Lollipop

Zephyrite

well now i feel really stupid xd
really gonna take some time to get used to a mb that ISN'T RUN BY SCHOLASTIC
gonna take the time to browse through other topics to see how else our terminology/rules are different