Version 2: Report bugs here

Started by Terry, July 28, 2011, 03:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thatguy

Double Glitch!

In this glitch, Viridian is blue in levels with Horizontal Level Wraps

In this glitch, I have escaped the gravitron! :vermillion:
These both take place in flip mode.

EDIT: Exploiting the Gravitron Escape glitch, you can get stuck in one of the Gravity Lines. Here's the screenshot.

There are also a lot of other glitches in the Gravitron, such as dying from a square when you're several pixels away.

Terry

Wow, apparently I missed a lot of stuff in flip mode! :vitellary:

Poochy.EXE

I just Alt+Tab'd away from the game in full screen mode and found my mouse cursor frozen in the top left corner of my screen. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and kill the process via Task Manager and keyboard.

simoroth

Quote from: Poochy.EXE on August 02, 2011, 09:54:14 PM
I just Alt+Tab'd away from the game in full screen mode and found my mouse cursor frozen in the top left corner of my screen. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and kill the process via Task Manager and keyboard.

I had a few reports of this so have taken steps to correct it. There will be a fresh Beta in an hour with a fix. :)

Poochy.EXE

Not sure if this counts as a bug, but I noticed that the HUD font in Time Trial mode is different than the old version. Without the black outlines, it's slightly harder to read.

By the way, on the subject of Time Trials, could we please get a counter for fractions of a second, like in the Super Gravitron? Or how about a way to record inputs and save them as a replay file to play back later? I imagine the latter wouldn't be too hard, since as far as I know, nothing is random.

Boon

I had a moving platform move horizontally on a horzontally-wrapping screen. The platform wraps around, but near the edge of the screen Viridian acts like the platform has stopped.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ux3dUUTtO4

There's also some oddities with spikes on the edge of a screen. If they're on the very edge, our captain just phases through them.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPx9Nhjdouk
This also happens without screenwrap.

There was one case where Viridian kept spawning at a checkpoint with reversed gravity for a split-second, which since it was in a narrow corridor made him just barely go into the wall and wallswim. It happens right at the beginning of the first video (I raised the wall, though, so the wallswim doesn't occur there)

Other then a couple issues like these, I'm liking this editor.

Poochy.EXE

Found a similar one to the above: If Viridian is standing on a (non-moving) platform and a moving one crashes into him from the side, the two seem to get permanently stuck together and immobile. I had to quicksave, exit to the main menu, and load up the quicksave again.

Thatguy

I have no idea what happened, and I cannot reproduce it. But this is another glitch in the Gravitron for Flip Mode.

What is with the Gravitron in Flip Mode? :victoria:

EDIT: Yikes!
This is what happens if you use the "Escape from the Gravitron" glitch and stay at the top of "Whizz down the Shaft" until the time runs out.

You get flung right at high-speeds, and get sent there.
The game also locks up, so you have to manually close it. :victoria:

TensaiKashou

I found a few bugs with the scripting commands:

• Large say or reply commands tend to simply not show up. This may have been intentional, to prevent crowding.)
  • If commands interpret script names as lowercase and without spaces. This may or may not apply to other elements.
  • Not a bug per se, but script boxes only trigger once per room entry, and you must leave and re-enter to make them "active" again (crossing over the associated sides on a 1-width/1-height level counts, warping over sides does not). Perhaps in a future update an option could be added for reactivation time (immediately, after player leaves script box, after leaving room, or never) in addition to irregularly shaped script "boxes".

minirop

I just saved :vitellary: , took the teleport back to the ship, I decided to go back to the same point to see if I could get the trinket easier. but the game "blocked" on the teleport

(there is still the animations of the lightning)
so now :viridian: is lost in space.

I killed the game, relaunched it, took the teleport again and it worked.

edit : got it again, looks like it when you go back from where you came after rescuing a crew member.

bsdude

I have all 20 trinkets, but the jukebox says next unlock at 18 trinkets. Also there is a time trial which is not unlocked, saying it requires 18 trinkets and completing the game, which I have done. Any help?

Edit: I just remembered I only had 17 trinkets when I completed the game. Could this be why?

onesandzeroes

Hi guys,
Just tried out the new Linux .deb version, and while the game runs fine, it doesn't add itself to the system's application menu on installing. I think I managed to track down the problem: in /usr/share/applications, there's a VVVVVV bash file, where there should be a .desktop file. I created a vvvvvv.desktop file in /usr/share/applications and filled it with this:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=VVVVVV
Comment=Gravity flip!
Exec=/usr/share/VVVVVV/VVVVVV
Icon=/usr/share/VVVVVV/data/icons/32.png
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Games;
X-Ayatana-Appmenu-Show-Stubs=False

and now the game shows up in my menus. Hope that helps!

Terry

Yikes, I thought we'd sorted that; I'll check I uploaded the right version! Thanks for letting me know!

v5

when I continued the game from QUICKSAVE,I couldn't find " :viridian:".The screen moved up to the end.And there was nothing happened when I pressed any key.Can you help me?
Started:

End:

linux system: I saved in two custom levels (line wrap & vertex vortex), and now I get two dummy entries in the 'play a level' screen:

If I enter in those, I fail eternally in the void :victoria: