Your Best Friend! Fairly new level, files and bugs(hopefully) fixed!

Started by Fiefen, June 11, 2019, 12:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiefen

I fixed the file... And the bugs... now you can play it! :viridian: BTW, Its probably 2/3 the length of A new dimension, so have fun! It also has a confusing storyline... so try your best to follow along! (and listen to smart terminals, or else.  :violet:)

Balneor

Saw and finished the level. It's pretty alright for a first creation (If this is not mistaken ?).

Here are some small issues with the level :

(Pic 1 to 8, left > right / up> down) There's a lot of collision errors / ways to clip through walls and get out-of-bounds. Whenever you have a one-block gap between another tile and a room transition (Like in this first screenshot), Viridian can get stuck if he enters this room from top-left, and basically slide upward through the level.

(Pic 9) A couple more screens than what I am showing here, have unfilled holes in them. Looks like an oversight.

(Pic 10) Try to avoid putting checkpoints on top of disappearing platforms, if you can. Or have a one-block gap in-between them. When the player respawn, that platform begins to glitch out by using other, unintended textures, until a crash occurs.

(Pic 11) Umm, not sure if we can really collect that trinket. The only inbounds way would be to get to the power zone at the right of (12,8), but there are invisible blocks preventing us from accessing there.

Sorry if this isn't particularly helpful, didn't have a lot of improving suggestions to write this time (Also not my most thought-out post)...but whatever. Nice :viridian:

Fiefen

Thank you soooo much for your feedback! I fixed all of the bugs(at least the ones in the post lol) and I ensured that the said trinket is possible.
It is, you just have to fly upwards from the room below and land on the ceiling right above the trinket, and then flip downward, and do the reverse to get out. I also replaced the texture-checkpoint-dissapearingblock-eventualcrash bug. Thanks again!  My next one will be about coin collecting and city unlocking...

Balneor

Quote from: Fiefen on June 14, 2019, 02:14:48 AMI fixed all of the bugs(at least the ones in the post lol) and I ensured that the said trinket is possible.

Well actually, upon checking the level again I see that the unfilled hole issue in the 7th image (And in other rooms, at least five more) is still there, as well as the collision errors in the 4th, 6th & 7th & 8th, looks like only half of the problems are fixed :verdigris: I also forgot, but (3,3) has two of the checkpoint +dissĀ° platform problematic setup. I would say only the first one (at the bottom) is worth fixing, as the one on the top will not cause much issue, since going to another room "resets" the progression of the crash-inducing glitch.
But all of this isn't much of a big deal, I understand if you want to move on.

That trinket still cannot be collected, however. Not because the place it is in (5,7) is impossible, but rather because that room isn't even reachable to begin with. Unless I am wrong, and please say it, the singular, only way to get even near it is to get to (13,8) then get through two warp-tokens. But you cannot go to 13,8 in the first place because of the (Now visible) wall blocking the way in the room with the "power" text (12,8).  Just to be sure, here are the two rooms side to side.

The trinket room itself is pretty simple, yea. On the other hand, (7,11) is ridiculously difficult because of the jump to the top (Where Viridian is) being just barely doable, and it is fair to say that if you do not know the game's physics well enough, that jump is simply not clearable (And doesn't look like it anyways). Removing one block from the column should make it reasonnable again.

Anyways, hoping you manage to make coins working (Unless it's just trinkets). Maybe join the :viridian: Discord, if you use it ? Your Museum level is also not too bad, was a little entertaining.

Fiefen

Thanks again! I will look at the bugs and see what I can do.  :viridian: (Yes it is just trinkets lol, but there will be a lot of flag logic, and even keys that look like keys, but fit in a 1x3 area!)

Oh, and there is a secret way at the end of the level (in the room with the crew) that brings you to a whole other area to explore. There you can access the final trinket(the one you mentioned) and lots of other cool oddities.