I'm being hacked on Discord

Started by Betaworld Team (Chara), June 26, 2020, 08:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betaworld Team (Chara)

Some jive-ass hacker decided to steal my account. I hate hackers :'(

fraZ0R

The hacker is dming me, pretending to be you, and is making up a story about how they got robbed, and are directly asking me for money.
What do I do?!!

Betaworld Team (Chara)

Quote from: fraZ0R on June 26, 2020, 09:03:08 PM
The hacker is dming me, pretending to be you, and is making up a story about how they got robbed, and are directly asking me for money.
What do I do?!!

Well for starters, you could do absolutely nothing.

fraZ0R

Or, I could have fun with this, deliberately waste their time, "troll the hacker", so to speak...
oh yeah, i knew something was up as soon as they messaged me, they sounded nothing like you!!

fraZ0R

at the very least... you could make a new account, I guess... do it now. make a new account. dm me on discord. Don't even say the name of it on this forum.

Betaworld Team (Chara)

Quote from: fraZ0R on June 26, 2020, 09:18:11 PM
at the very least... you could make a new account, I guess... do it now. make a new account. dm me on discord. Don't even say the name of it on this forum.

How am I supposed to DM you if I don't know if I can even use that account anymore?

fraZ0R

I said to make a new account.
Also, do you know who hacked you? How you got hacked?

Dav999

If the hacker was not so thorough they might have not changed your email address, so you could just request a password reset and take it back.

Otherwise, maybe Discord support could help in some way?

Betaworld Team (Chara)

Quote from: Dav999 on June 26, 2020, 09:49:49 PM
If the hacker was not so thorough they might have not changed your email address, so you could just request a password reset and take it back.

Otherwise, maybe Discord support could help in some way?

I did that. However, I will have to set up 2fa to protect it further.

UPDATE: I did it.

Trinket9

Quote from: fraZ0R on June 26, 2020, 09:08:36 PM
Or, I could have fun with this, deliberately waste their time, "troll the hacker", so to speak...

Ah yes, the James Veitch approach