So, what could it mean?

Started by joniho, January 07, 2010, 03:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joniho

I'm guessing "VVVVVV" may have some meaning, so until we get to play the game with the complete ending, let's see what you all think! ;D

Hover for spoiler

Oh, and as for the IGF description: http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entry2010.php?id=169
VVVVVV vv v vvvvvvvvvv vvvv vv vvvvv vvvvvvvvv vvvv vvv vvv vvvv vvvv vvvvvvvvv vv Vvvvvvvvv.

VVVVVV is a vvvvvvving game of(?) vvvvv vvvvvvvvv vvvv vvv vvv vvvv vvvv vvvvvvvvv vv Vvvvvvvvv.
...well at least I tried.

StephenM3

"VVVVVV stands for VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV" -Terry Cavanah. "It's a recursive acronym"

docmarionum1

Quote from: StephenM3 on January 07, 2010, 03:49:47 AM
"VVVVVV stands for VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV" -Terry Cavanah. "It's a recursive acronym"

Then does "VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV" stand for "VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV VVVVVV?"

StephenM3

joniho

Terry

The Brass

To be as vague as possible, the second subscreen of the pause menu should make it obvious.

Of course, there might be more, but that's all I ever saw.

miquelangel

I think that it's really easy to get why is it titled VVVVVV. Obviously, it's a symbol for the up-down movement the gameplay offers. Furthermore, it was cut to 6 'V's as the tripulation is formed by 6 characters, whose names happen to begin with 'V', too.

DeceasedCrab

The V's are actually a clever misdirection, each pair forms a W, and the game is really called WWW. It is about corn farming. That's what WWW stands for.

Daikenkai

but that WWW can also be translated into \N\N\N which is the new line code thing 3 times in java programming. so this game is "new new new".

SoulEye

No no, you got it all wrong! Let me enlighten you... It's the spikes! The SPIKES! And YIKES is Terry gonna kill me now that I told the topsecret secret...  :P

Josiah Tobin

Haha, I always interpreted it to be an ASCII representation of spikes-- hadn't thought about the up-down movement thing, that one seems more likely! Neat :)

~Josiah

Parnell

Well the answer is pretty obvious to be fair. The letter 'V' represents 'the art of jumping' in the ancient Javanese culture (The Veevians) Therefore 'V' x 6 must clearly mean 'to jump six times'. Not rocket science folks.

joniho

Holy crap, Souleye's PPPPPP cover art totally explains where VVVVVV comes from. You should totally check out his site http://souleye.madtracker.net/ to see what I mean!

*cough*

StephenM3

That's a really clever name for the album!

Since it looks like Terry's going to be squeezing out every last minute of development time he can get... if the soundtrack comes out earlier, I'll probably end up listening to it tomorrow as I wait for the release.

Only the songs I already know from the beta, though.  I don't want to spoil anything.