Level Editor Plans/Questions

Started by IAmSerge, July 31, 2011, 12:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAmSerge

Hi!
Serge here,
I was just wondering what people thought about these possible ideas for the level editor, and wondering also what plans were in store for the level editor, if there are any future plans....

Anyways, thoughts:

1: Vertical scrolling levels.

Like the tower, or panic room
As far as I know, this one is actually already in progress to be done....

2: Horizontal scrolling levels.

This wasn't in the original VVVVVV, but could actually provide some new aspects to gameplay in user made levels.

3: Changing tiles/Animated Tiles/Changing Colors.

This idea is just based on how Anomaly, Pure Unobtanium, and the entire 2nd half of The Final Level worked, where the tiles would change colors, and change styles and animate as well.  Perhaps something that can be invoked by scripting, such as a command like tileScroll(1) (1 means turning on or something), or bgColorScroll(1)?   The ability to turn it off by invoking a similar call, with the argument being 0 instead.
I dunno, thoughts?

4: Map Screen.

Could there perhaps be a map?  It would be optional, in the case that others don't want to have maps for their level.
But I don't know how much work this would actually take.

5: Teleporters

Well...?  If we had a map screen, wouldn't it be feasible?  OR as another idea, a Teleporter could perhaps be used as an alternative goal, instead of finding all players, it would be reach the teleporter?  I dunno, not my call!
Just some thoughts, that's all...

Anyways, just spreading ideas, and wondering what's in store!

<3 you all!

-Serge-

Terry

I don't want to make any promises, but everything on your list is something I want to add to the game in later patches!

IAmSerge

Quote from: Terry on July 31, 2011, 12:40:33 AM
I don't want to make any promises, but everything on your list is something I want to add to the game in later patches!

Then no promises accepted!

*Salute*

Well, then, at that... are there any other plans that you have made for the level editor?  Or are they.... secret?

Anyways, Thanks for the answers, Terry, you're awesome!

And no, I'm not going to hold you to any of those =)

-Serge-

IAmSerge

Also,
sorry for originally placing this in the wrong board =(

(sorry for double posting D= )

TheoX

I'd definitely like a map screen!

Other things it would be cool to see (already mentioned these in other topics):

More enemies (confirmed?)

Custom content (enemy sprites, music, sounds)

Shrinking/Expanding the left/upper sides of the map

Being able to move rooms around

JoKiv

Quote from: IAmSerge on July 31, 2011, 12:33:06 AM5: Teleporters

Well...?  If we had a map screen, wouldn't it be feasible?  OR as another idea, a Teleporter could perhaps be used as an alternative goal, instead of finding all players, it would be reach the teleporter?  I dunno, not my call!
Just some thoughts, that's all...
I don't know how much does it take work at game engine but my thought was to have any value as goal. "Go through 5 teleports", "collect X stuff", etc

if it's too much change to engine side, can this be scripted?

Thatguy

One thing I'd like to see in the Level Editor is a Cut/Copy-And-Paste feature. For example, a problem with many levels today, some people place areas on the edge, and they need to resize it, and it breaks off from where you needed it. I, too, have suffered this problem :victoria:

Damn It AL to Hell

Custom enemies, and cut-scene makers along with props and custom characters :viridian:

Damn It AL to Hell

robloxfan1999

Suggestion:

1 Custom background from computer

2: Horizontal Viridian (In some levels if they choose or are in scripts).

3: Custom music.

4: Play as crewmates.

5 Special Items (Coins) (Switch in Midair Item) (Invincibility)

6: Trinkets unlock an item.

7: Cutscenes

8: Map

9: Quick Save

OH! And a boss! :vermillion:
[/quote]

Dispensers Heal

1) COINS.

2) COLORFUL TEXT.

3) BOSSES.

xTwoTails

How can you make Bosses on this game?

Do what? Throw the Trinket at them? XD

:violet::shiny:  OOUCH!!       :viridian: Bull's Eye~ *sunglasses*

Dispensers Heal

STOMP ITS WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!

xTwoTails

You mean Flip gravity on his Weakpoint to inflict triple damage.

Damn It AL to Hell

Instead of you hurting the bosses, do what they did in super meat boy, try to outwit them and have them hit spikes or something.