Riot on Jolan -> By Insani

Started by Insani, August 01, 2011, 06:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insani

Here it is, my fourth level.  ;)

This one deals with escaping from a prison on Jolan. The main game is kind of easy, but it has 3 super hard bonus parts that give you trinkets.  ;D

http://filesmelt.com/dl/escapeprison1.vvvvvv <- Download link

(NOTE: The brutality challenges get pretty hard, don't enter them unless you're ready for a challenge (you can't warp out until you're done)

TheoX

Rating #017
Enjoyment: 7/10
Aesthetics: 5/10
Novelty: 6/10
Difficulty: 3/10 (10/10 for challenge #3)
Room Names: 8/10

This level was pretty interesting.  I liked the concept of the trinkets as "optional challenges", however I didn't not being able to go back.  I played the level once without any trinkets and it was pretty easy, then I played it again.  The first trinket was easy.  The second was easier, because the warp leads STRAIGHT TO THE TRINKET.  I'm guessing this was a mistake, 'cause it seemed really weird.  The last trinket is ridiculous and I'm not even going to keep attempting that.

I liked the room names, especially "WARP LINES, HOW DO THEY WORK?"  Miracles, my friend.  Thought "Experimental Possibilities" (was that the name?) looked a little odd cause the bottom was chopped off by the room name.

The level looked ok, design wise.  Nothing special.  I liked the cells at the beginning.  The fun in this level came from the amusing story.  You had Viridian swear!  :o

Insani

Quote from: TheoX on August 01, 2011, 10:01:54 PM
Rating #017
Enjoyment: 7/10
Aesthetics: 5/10
Novelty: 6/10
Difficulty: 3/10 (10/10 for challenge #3)
Room Names: 8/10

This level was pretty interesting.  I liked the concept of the trinkets as "optional challenges", however I didn't not being able to go back.  I played the level once without any trinkets and it was pretty easy, then I played it again.  The first trinket was easy.  The second was easier, because the warp leads STRAIGHT TO THE TRINKET.  I'm guessing this was a mistake, 'cause it seemed really weird.  The last trinket is ridiculous and I'm not even going to keep attempting that.

I liked the room names, especially "WARP LINES, HOW DO THEY WORK?"  Miracles, my friend.  Thought "Experimental Possibilities" (was that the name?) looked a little odd cause the bottom was chopped off by the room name.

The level looked ok, design wise.  Nothing special.  I liked the cells at the beginning.  The fun in this level came from the amusing story.  You had Viridian swear!  :o

Crap! Sorry, I... guess I messed up the rooms. I'll fix it tomorrow (it's late and movienight~)

Also, anyone who gets the 3rd trinket is a god of... VVVVVV.

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it now!

Lord Ghetsis

EDIT: Okay, removed my comment. Really, I have no right to tell you what to do.
Oh my, that was a 2 year bump.