Started by hatless, August 03, 2011, 04:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatless

Many have ventured forth, but none have returned from
Castle Darkdeath

What is its terrible secret?
Where is the magical map?
Who is the master of Castle Darkdeath?

An exploration-ish map with a few secrets. Feedback welcome, I've been staring at the map so long all I can see is pixels. :)
(download)

PJBottomz

The download link doesn't work. I really wanted to try it too. :'(

hatless

!

It works on this machine, can somebody verify?

Thatguy

I cannot verify his problem. The download worked fine for me.

PJBottomz

When I click on download, it opens a window that shows a bunch of coding. Can you just attach the file to your first post?

Terry

This is really neat :) I feel like it's lacking a lot of polish, but some of the ideas here are fantastic. Haven't finished it yet, but I'll come back to it soon!

bdr9

Quote from: PJBottomz on August 03, 2011, 06:46:11 PM
When I click on download, it opens a window that shows a bunch of coding. Can you just attach the file to your first post?
Try right clicking on it and choosing "Save Target As" or "Save Link As".

PJBottomz

Quote from: bdr9 on August 03, 2011, 11:34:15 PM
Quote from: PJBottomz on August 03, 2011, 06:46:11 PM
Try right clicking on it and choosing "Save Target As" or "Save Link As".

I got it. Thanks.

Now, Terry's right about the polishing, but it is really creative. And Gardenrobes (that green room with the squares going around that circle) was my favorite room because of the squares! That was so cool! I like this!

hatless

Terry liked my level! Glee!

Quote from: PJBottomz on August 03, 2011, 11:42:06 PMAnd Gardenrobes (that green room with the squares going around that circle) was my favorite room because of the squares! That was so cool! I like this!
Thanks!

Anybody who's played it: what I really need is feedback -- which parts were hard/easy/dull/confusing/ugly/just right. I'd love to polish it up a bit, but I need to know how it plays. :)

PJBottomz

Well, for starters, in the terminal in the lander (the first map), you should make it so that there's a flash that hides the removal of the gravity lines. That usually helps.

bigkahuna

Well, I found a game breaker. Right after I started so can't give my opinion on the map yet ;)

At the room "Grotto", if you die after reaching the checkpoint closest to it, you'll fall through the wall indefinitely and wil have to restart the entire map.

EDIT: It's also possible to be stuck indefinitely within the platforms on "Elevator Action"

Arkatox

I downloaded it yesterday, though I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Perhaps tomorrow?

hatless

Quote from: bigkahuna on August 05, 2011, 02:01:03 AM
Well, I found a game breaker. Right after I started so can't give my opinion on the map yet ;)

At the room "Grotto", if you die after reaching the checkpoint closest to it, you'll fall through the wall indefinitely and wil have to restart the entire map.

Whups, fixed.

QuoteEDIT: It's also possible to be stuck indefinitely within the platforms on "Elevator Action"

I think I'll pull that room out entirely and replace it... it's not very interesting. (In the meantime, press 'R' to respawn back at the checkpoint.)

Quote from: PJBottomz on August 04, 2011, 02:41:08 PM
Well, for starters, in the terminal in the lander (the first map), you should make it so that there's a flash that hides the removal of the gravity lines. That usually helps.

I think you're confusing it with a different map...

PJBottomz

What? No, I'm taking about, when you first start the game, the terminal that gets you out of that ship thing. You should put a flash command right before it removes the gravity line. just look at the code:

say
Blah blah blah

flash
destroy(gravitylines)

Do that for the first terminal.

Damn It AL to Hell

I like this level, lots of good designs, and the names go good with the castle theme, but single tiles  :victoria: but I loved this level! 10/10 :viridian: